Dimensions that are ALREADY exploded cannot be fixed. Erase them and do them over. For new dimensions it is NOT necessary to create a new DIm style. Just change the DIMASO system variable at the command line just like you would change any other variable.
How do I stop dimensions from exploding in AutoCAD?
To explode dimensions automatically when you create them, set the DIMASSOC system variable to 0. Obsolete. Has no effect in AutoCAD 2004 except to preserve the integrity of pre-AutoCAD 2002 scripts and AutoLISP routines. In AutoCAD 2004, DIMASO is replaced by DIMASSOC.
How do I fix dimensions in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Annotation panel Dimension Style. Find.
- In the Dimension Style Manager, select the style you want to change. Click Modify.
- In Modify Dimension Style dialog box, Fit tab, under Scale for Dimension Features, enter a value for the overall scale.
- Click OK.
- Click Close to exit the Dimension Style Manager.
How do you explode something in AutoCAD?
To Explode an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Explode. Find.
- Select the objects to be exploded. For most objects, exploding has no visible effect.
Why are my dimensions wrong in AutoCAD?
The units may have been changed from when the drawing was originally created. Check objects for Elevation or Start Z / End Z values (via Properties palette). Dimensioning from 2D to 3D space can throw off values. Reset AutoCAD to defaults (see How to reset AutoCAD to defaults).
What is Dimassoc AutoCAD?
In newer versions of AutoCAD, the variable is called DIMASSOC. The DIMASSOC variable controls whether dimensions are created as exploded, associative, or non-associative. Differences in this variable will change behavior.
How do you set limits in AutoCAD?
To Set the Display Limits of the Grid
- At the Command prompt, enter limits.
- Enter the coordinates for a point at the lower-left corner of the grid limits.
- Enter the coordinates for a point at the upper-right corner of the grid limits.
- At the Command prompt, enter griddisplay, and enter a value of 0.
How do you set dimensions in AutoCAD?
Create a Baseline Dimension
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Baseline. …
- If prompted, select the base dimension. …
- Use an object snap to select the second extension line origin, or press Enter to select any dimension as the base dimension. …
- Use an object snap to specify the next extension line origin.
How do I set dimensions in AutoCAD?
- Click the layout tab for which you want to set the paper size.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Page Setup Manager. …
- In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify.
- Click Modify.
- In the Page Setup dialog box, under Paper Size, select a paper size from the list.
Can not explode block AutoCAD?
In the Block Editor, make sure nothing is selected. In the Properties palette(Ctrl+1), under Block, select the Allow Exploding option. From the drop-down list, select Yes.
What is the shortcut key for Explode command?
How are AutoCAD keyboard shortcuts used?5. ModelingCDraw a circleCPCopyCTRL + JRepeat the last used commandXExplode an object, a volume, a polyline, etc.Ещё 19 строк
What is the use of explode command?
Breaks a compound object into its component objects. Explodes a compound object when you want to modify its components separately. Objects that can be exploded include blocks, polylines, and regions, among others. The color, linetype, and lineweight of any exploded object might change.
How do I change dimension style in AutoCAD 2018?
- Click Home tab Annotation panel Dimension Style. …
- In the Dimension Style Manager, click New.
- In the Create New Dimension Style dialog box, enter a name for the new dimension style, and click Continue.
- In the New Dimension Style dialog box, click each tab, and make any changes for the new dimension style.
How do I show dimensions in DWG TrueView?
I spent a long time trying to measure in TrueView 2017. Finally I found the answer. Go to “user interface” (top right), click to open and tick “text window”. You can then use the measurement tool and the answer will appear in the text window.
How do I show dimensions in AutoCAD?
Using dimensions in AutoCAD
- In the status bar, set the Annotation Scale of the Current View to 1:50.
- In the Annotate ribbon, in the Dimensions tab, choose Annotative for the Dimension Style.
- In the Dimensions tab, click Linear.
- Snap to an object for each side of the dimension.