What are the two ways in grouping the model object in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, there are two types of Objects; Groups and Components.
How do I make two groups in one in SketchUp?
Re: How to join to groups
- Select the 2 groups [Note that you use Select+Ctrl to add to a Selection if they are difficult to select together] Then right-click context-menu ‘Group’. …
- If pre-Exploding the 2 Groups won’t clash with other geometry Select the 2 groups and Explode. …
- Select one group and Edit it.
What are the 3 basic navigation tools?
Chuck Hawley explains how to use some basic traditional chart navigation tools. Circular parallel rules, parallel rules, rolling plotters, dividers, sextants, and star charts are discussed to help you understand their function in plotting a course for your next offshore boating trip.
What is the difference between groups and components?
By definition, a Group is a single instance of a collection of geometry. A Component is a named collection of geometry that can exist at multiple locations within the model. Each instance is a repetition of all others. A change to one instance changes all other instances.
How do I manage groups in SketchUp?
- With the Select tool ( ), select all the entities you want to include in your group.
- Select Edit > Group from the menu bar. Or context-click the selection and choose Group from the menu that appears. Everything in the selection becomes grouped within a bounding box.
How do I make dynamic components in SketchUp?
Attributes make components dynamic by telling SketchUp what to do.
- Select the component you want to make dynamic.
- On the Dynamic Components toolbar, click the Component Attributes tool ( ) or select Window > Component Attributes. …
- Click the Add Attribute plus sign icon to see a list of options.
How do you separate components in SketchUp?
Make Unique: Sometimes you want to make changes to only one or a few of the instances of a component in your model. In this case, select the instance(s) you want to edit, right-click one of them, and choose Make Unique from the context menu. This option turns the instances you selected into a separate component.
Can you group layers in SketchUp?
It is available on the Sketchucation site. In SketchUp, layers do not provide separation between edges and faces. You can only provide separation by using components or groups. Moving your geometry to other layers will just create problems.
How do you add something to a group?
To add an object to a group:
- Click (regular left-click) the group of 3.
- Hold the shift key down while clicking the 4th object. By holding shift down you’re telling the computer you want all objects to be active (or selected).
- Release the mouse, and on the keyboard press Ctrl+G.