How do you label contour lines?
Right-click the layer name in the ArcMap table of contents and select Properties. Click the Labels tab to set the contour line properties. Verify the Label features box is checked. In the Method drop-down box choose Label all the features the same way.
How do you get rid of contour line labels?
Select the cell next to “Display Contour Label Line” in the Value column and change the setting to “False.” This will cause all subsequent multiple contour labels to have the contour label line disabled automatically.
How do you trim contour lines in Autocad?
To Trim Objects at a Boundary
- Open a drawing and attach the maps you want.
- Define and execute a query to retrieve the objects to trim.
- Click Tools tab Map Edit panel Boundary Trim. …
- In the Trim Objects At Boundary dialog box, under Boundary, select how to specify the boundary.
How do you read contour lines?
How To Read Contour Lines
- Index lines are the thickest contour lines and are usually labeled with a number at one point along the line. …
- Intermediate lines are the thinner, more common, lines between the index lines. …
- Supplementary lines appear as dotted lines, indicating flatter terrain.
What does contour line mean?
Contour line, a line on a map representing an imaginary line on the land surface, all points of which are at the same elevation above a datum plane, usually mean sea level. map: contour lines. The diagram illustrates how contour lines show relief by joining points of equal elevation.
How do you show contour labels in Civil 3d?
Click Annotate tab > Labels & Tables panel > Add Labels menu > Surface > Contour – Multiple At Interval. Select the contours to label by specifying the start and end points of the contour label line. Specify the interval and press Enter.
How do you change contour label color in Civil 3d?
How to label elevation of contour with same colour as of contour
- First: Under the General tab.
- in the contour label style: Select the color such that it matches your layer.
- Second: Make sure that the color is set to ByLayer.
- Extra Step: Make sure in the individual components to select the same color or leave it empty.
How do I edit contour lines in AutoCAD?
To Edit Contours
- Select the contour graphically or by using an AutoCAD command, such as PEDIT or PROPERTIES.
- Perform the edit to the contour. …
- Rebuild the surface to update the contour definition by right-clicking the surface in the Prospector tree and clicking Rebuild.
How do you cut everything outside of a box in AutoCAD?
Go to Solution. Map > tools > Boundary Trim. A dialog box will open allowing you to pick a closed polyline, decide to trim inside or outside, and what to do with the remaining objects left outside the trim area.
How do you clip a surface in Civil 3d?
In the Prospector tree, expand the Surfaces collection, right-click <surface name> Surface Properties. In the Surface Properties dialog box, click the Definition tab. Select the Add Data Clip Boundary operation and click to move it to the top of the list. Click Apply.
What are 3 types of contour lines?
Contour Interval – Types of Contour Lines: Index, Intermediate, Supplementary.
What are the 5 Rules of contour lines?
Rule 1 – every point of a contour line has the same elevation. Rule 2 – contour lines separate uphill from downhill. Rule 3 – contour lines do not touch or cross each other except at a cliff. Rule 4 – every 5th contour line is darker in color.
What is the space between contour lines called?
The space between the contour lines is called the contour interval and represents a specific (set) distance. If the contour interval is 50 feet, the vertical space between the two contour lines is 50 feet.