How do you create a contour line?
Generate Full-Resolution Contour Lines
- From the ENVI Toolbox, select Terrain > Generate Contour Lines. …
- Select an Input Raster such as a digital elevation model (DEM) or any dataset where you want to categorize the data with contour lines.
- In the Levels field, enter an array of values from which to create contour lines.
How do you label contour lines in AutoCAD?
To add multiple contour labels
- Click Annotate tab > Labels & Tables panel > Add Labels menu > Surface > Contour – Multiple.
- Select the contours to label by specifying the start and end points of the contour label line.
- Press Enter.
How do I import contours into AutoCAD?
Importing Contours from ShapeFile
- Issue the MAPIMPORT command.
- Navigate to the location of the ShapeFile (*. …
- Select the . …
- In the next dialog, follow steps 5 though 8 below.
- Check on “Import polygons as closed polylines” in the lower right.
- In the grid in the center, click under [Data].
- Set the radio button to “Create object data” and click [OK].
What does contour line mean?
Contour line, a line on a map representing an imaginary line on the land surface, all points of which are at the same elevation above a datum plane, usually mean sea level. map: contour lines. The diagram illustrates how contour lines show relief by joining points of equal elevation.
How do you read contour lines?
How To Read Contour Lines
- Index lines are the thickest contour lines and are usually labeled with a number at one point along the line. …
- Intermediate lines are the thinner, more common, lines between the index lines. …
- Supplementary lines appear as dotted lines, indicating flatter terrain.
How do you draw contour lines in Autocad 2018?
To Add Contour Lines
- In Display Manager , right-click a surface layer, and select Create Contour Layer.
- In the Generate Contour dialog box, enter a name for the new Display Manager layer that will contain the contour lines.
How do you add contour lines in Civil 3d?
For best results, add the contour data in a single operation.
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
- In the Add Contour Data dialog box, enter the contour description in the Description field.
How do I import a shapefile into AutoCAD?
To Import SHP Files
- Click Insert tab Import panel Map Import .
- In the Import Location dialog box, under Files Of Type, select shp.
- Select the file or folder to import. …
- For formats with additional options, in the Import dialog box, click Driver Options.
How do I import GIS data into AutoCAD?
Importing and exporting GIS data in AutoCAD Map 3D
- Use mapimport to select trail data from an ESRIA shape file.
- In the Import dialog, specify layer names and the import coordinate system.
- Use Attribute Data to add object data and import.
- In the drawing, browse the imported objects and properties.
17 мая 2018 г.
What are 3 types of contour lines?
Contour Interval – Types of Contour Lines: Index, Intermediate, Supplementary.
What are the 5 Rules of contour lines?
Rule 1 – every point of a contour line has the same elevation. Rule 2 – contour lines separate uphill from downhill. Rule 3 – contour lines do not touch or cross each other except at a cliff. Rule 4 – every 5th contour line is darker in color.
What is the another name of contour line?
Also called contour, level curve, level line.