How do you create a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
How do I change a viewport to a polyline?
Just rotate the viewport 1 degree and rotate back 1 degree. Voila, your VP is now a Polyline. BUT before rotate it back 1degree, Pedit it before rotate it back.
How do I change the viewport boundary in AutoCAD?
You can make changes to the viewport, the clipping boundary, or both.
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
What is meant by viewport?
The viewport is the user’s visible area of a web page. The viewport varies with the device, and will be smaller on a mobile phone than on a computer screen. Before tablets and mobile phones, web pages were designed only for computer screens, and it was common for web pages to have a static design and a fixed size.
How do you use a viewport?
Use the viewport meta tag to improve the presentation of your web content. Typically, you use the viewport meta tag to set the width and initial scale of the viewport. For example, if your webpage is narrower than 980 pixels, then you should set the width of the viewport to fit your web content.
How do you make a viewport not rectangular?
Creating non-rectangular viewport
- Switch to layout space, and draw a circle near the default viewport.
- Type “-vports” and press Enter. There would be the following prompts in the CAD command line: …
- Type O, press Enter, then select object to clip viewport.
- Select the circle and see that happens, as shown in the following picture,
How do you convert a rectangular viewport to polygonal?
From Rectangular to Polygonal? No Problem!
- While in the layout tab to be modified, begin by entering vpclip at the command prompt and pressing enter.
- The command prompt will request that you “Select viewport to clip:”. …
- Next you’ll be prompted to “Select clipping object or [Polygonal] :”
How do you make an irregular viewport?
To Create a Nonrectangular Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). The border visibility of layout viewports is controlled by layer visibility.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do you make an irregular shaped viewport in AutoCAD?
Just use a polyline, make your irregular shape, make sure the pline is closed and invoke MV (mview) command, select Object from the command line and select your irregular shape.
What is Mview in AutoCAD?
Specifies the first corner of a rectangular layout viewport followed by a diagonal corner.
How do I change the viewport size?
To Modify the Scale of a Layout Viewport
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do you unlock a viewport in AutoCAD?
- In layout view select the boundary of one Viewport.
- Click the customization button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enable the viewport lock from the drop-up list.
How do I reset a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Restore a Saved Viewport Arrangement in Model Space
- Click View tab Model Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, choose a configuration to restore.