How do you draw a spur gear?
How to design a Spur Gear (with Equations)
- Drawing the Gear’s outline. Draw a circle, then assign its diameter to “Head Diameter”. …
- Extruding the Sketch (Base) Now extrude the selected contour in any dimension you like, but remember to be realistic. …
- Creating the Gear’s teeth. Now create a circular pattern, then assign its Number of Instances to “Teeth No.”.
How do you make a sprocket in AutoCAD?
To Insert a Sprocket
- Click Content tab Tools panel Chains/Belts drop-down Sprocket/Pulley. …
- In the Pulleys and Sprockets dialog box, select Chain.
- Select the Library button.
- In the Select a Chain dialog box, select the type of the chain.
- In the Select Part Size dialog box, select the size of the chain.
How do you sketch a gear?
Drawing meshing gears
- Step 1: Start by drawing a horizontal centre line for both gears.
- Step 2: Draw a vertical centre line for the driver gear on the left. …
- Step 3: Calculate the pitch centre distance. …
- Step 4: Measure the centre of the driven gear from the centre of the driver gear.
What is a gear module?
“Module” is the unit of size that indicates how big or small a gear is. It is the ratio of the reference diameter of the gear divided by the number of teeth. … Assume that there are two friction pulleys in contact whose diameters are equal to the reference diameters.
How do you make gears in Inventor?
On the Spur Gears Component Generator, Design tab:
- Enter the values for the Common section.
- In the Gear 1 section, select Feature from the list. …
- In the Autodesk Inventor assembly, select the cylindrical face and start plane. …
- In the Gear 2 area, select No Model from the list.
How do you draw a spur gear in SolidWorks?
Tutorial – Creating Spur gear in SolidWorks?
- Start SolidWorks in Part mode.
- Top plane>>sketch. Draw a circle.
- Extrude it.
- Top face>>sketch.
- Make a profile like this.
- Extrude cut it.
- Now select circular pattern under features tab.
- Now i have enable the view of temporary axis in view menu. This saved me time from creating axis since there is virtually an axis.
How do you draw a gear in SolidWorks?
Gear design & drawing in SolidWorks
- Open SW, then create a new document and choose Front Plane and sketch. …
- Select Centerline and drav 4 lines, like in the photo.
- Select a 3 PointArc and draw a line from the 2. to the 3. …
- Select Mirror Entities and first choose the entities to mirror and step dwo Mirror about and choose the line (4.construction line).
How do you make a sprocket?
- Step 1: Get DraftSight or Other 2D CAD. The first thing you will need is a drafting program to draw the sprocket gear with. …
- Step 2: Determine Your Key Dimensions. …
- Step 3: Draw the First Sprocket Tooth. …
- Step 4: Use Circular Pattern to Finish the Sprocket.
How is gear ratio calculated?
The gear ratio is calculated by dividing the output speed by the input speed (i= Ws/ We) or by dividing the number of teeth of the driving gear by the number of teeth of the driven gear (i= Ze/ Zs).9 мая 2019 г.
How do you cut gears?
The most common gear-cutting processes include hobbing, broaching, milling, and grinding. Such cutting operations may occur either after or instead of forming processes such as forging, extruding, investment casting, or sand casting.
What are spur gears used for?
Spur gears are a cylindrical shaped toothed component used in industrial equipment to transfer mechanical motion as well as control speed, power, and torque. These simple gears are cost-effective, durable, reliable and provide a positive, constant speed drive to facilitate daily industrial operations.