How do you expand a viewport in Autocad?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.
How do I change the layout of a viewport in Autocad?
To Modify Layout Viewport Properties Using the Properties Palette
- Click the border of the layout viewport whose properties you want to modify.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties. Find.
- In the Properties palette, select the value for the property you want to modify. Enter a new value or select a new setting from the list provided.
How do you zoom in a viewport in Autocad?
Double click within the viewport boundaries. Then, type Zoom and the Command Line. Next, enter the scale you would like to use.
How do I change the viewport shape?
You can make changes to the viewport, the clipping boundary, or both.
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do I increase my viewport size?
Drag one of the light gray handles on the viewport border.
- Press Shift while dragging to maintain the original aspect ratio.
- If you don’t see the handles, toggle them by selecting View > Responsive > Viewport resize handles in the top menu.
How do I manage viewports in Autocad?
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
- Do one of the following: …
- Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them.
- Click to place the layout viewport on the layout.
How do you hide a viewport in Autocad?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do you make a viewport?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
What is the difference between pan and zoom in AutoCAD?
Pan: Hold down the scroll wheel as you move the mouse. (The scroll wheel is also considered a button.) Zoom to the extents of a drawing: Double-click the scroll wheel. This method is particularly useful when you accidentally press Enter at the wrong time during a Move or Copy operation.
What is Zoom command in AutoCAD?
Zooms to display an area specified by a rectangular window. With the cursor, you can define an area of the model to fill the entire window. Object. Zooms to display one or more selected objects as large as possible and in the center of the view. You can select objects before or after you start the ZOOM command.
How do you pan in a viewport?
You can click within a viewport to make it the current one, and you can then pan and zoom the view displayed in it. In the layout tab example below on the left, the current layout viewport is highlighted, in which you can pan and zoom an area of model space.
How do you make an irregular shaped viewport?
To Create a Nonrectangular Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). The border visibility of layout viewports is controlled by layer visibility.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do you make an irregular shaped viewport in Autocad?
Just use a polyline, make your irregular shape, make sure the pline is closed and invoke MV (mview) command, select Object from the command line and select your irregular shape.