In MODEL SPACE place a wipeout behind all of the objects in the drawing. Now in paper space your viewports will all have a mask. Use “draworder” on the viewports to control which one is masked.
How do I import a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Open the drawing that you want to import a layout into.
- Right click on a layout tab and select “From Template…”
- Change the Files of type to “Drawing (*.dwg)”
- Browse to the drawing that you want to import the layout tab from.
- Select the Layout(s) from the Insert Layout(s) dialog and select OK.
How do you use viewports in AutoCAD?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
- Do one of the following: …
- Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them.
- Click to place the layout viewport on the layout.
How do I toggle between viewports in AutoCAD?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
How do you add a viewport?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
What is a viewport in Autocad?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How do you make a viewport border invisible in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I resize a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Modify the Scale of a Layout Viewport
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
What is meant by viewport?
The viewport is the user’s visible area of a web page. The viewport varies with the device, and will be smaller on a mobile phone than on a computer screen. Before tablets and mobile phones, web pages were designed only for computer screens, and it was common for web pages to have a static design and a fixed size.
How do I fix the viewport in AutoCAD?
How to Lock the Viewport in AutoCAD 2014
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do I enable ViewCube in AutoCAD?
Show or Hide the ViewCube by Visual Style
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the 3D Modeling tab, under Display Tools In Viewport Display The ViewCube, click or clear: 2D Wireframe Visual Style. All Other Visual Styles.
How do I select a layout in AutoCAD?
Follow these steps:
- Click the desired layout tab.
- Click the Layout tab of the Ribbon menu. …
- In the Layout panel, click Page Setup. …
- Click New. …
- Type a suitable name and click OK. …
- Specify the printer you want to use, its paper size, and so on, but leave the Plot Area drop-down list set at Layout. …
- Click OK.
How do I turn a polyline into a viewport?
Make sure the polyline that you want to convert is closed. On the Layouts tab, click ‘Clip’ in the viewport panel, select the rectangular viewport, then click the polyline to convert.
Why can’t I see my viewport in Autocad?
In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. … If other viewports are in the layout tab, remove them from the selection set by holding down the Shift key and selecting each visible viewport, leaving just the invisible viewport selected.
How do you add vertices to a viewport in Autocad?
If you create polygonal viewports or convert objects to a viewport, you can use the standard pedit on them and then V for vertices and then I for insert.30 мая 2020 г.