How do you add a background mask to text in AutoCAD?
Create Multi Line text and select it to open the text’s contextual ribbon. On the Style tab select the Mask button. The Background Mask dialog box will allow you to choose whether to use a background mask or not as well as what color it will be (or the same color as the drawing background color).
How do I change the background color of text in AutoCAD?
To Change the Background and Other Color Settings
- Click Application button Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Display tab, click Colors.
- In the Drawing Window Colors dialog box, select the context and the interface element that you want to change.
- On the Color list, select the color that you want to use.
How do I change the background mask in AutoCAD?
If the size of the Mask is still too much you can adjust it by clicking on the ‘Extras’ arrow and clicking on ‘Background Mask’.
What is the purpose of a background mask?
Use Background Mask
Puts an opaque background behind the text. Note: When you apply a background mask to text multiple columns only the column areas will be masked. The space between the columns commonly referred to as gutters will be unmasked.
How do you mask in Autocad?
To Mask a Drawing Area
- Click Annotate tab Markup panel Wipeout. Find.
- Specify points in a sequence that defines the perimeter of the area to be masked. You can also enter p and click an existing polyline to use. The polyline must be closed, contain line segments only, and have zero width.
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do I change the background color in AutoCAD 2010?
- On the command line in AutoCAD, type OPTIONS.
- In Options, click the Display tab and then the Colors button.
- Choose 2D model space and Uniform background (selected by default).
- Click the Color drop-down menu and select the desired color.
- Click Apply & Close and then OK.
How do I change the background color in AutoCAD 2016?
To Change the Background Color of the Drawing Area in Model Space
- In the Application menu, click Preferences.
- In the Application Preferences dialog box, left column, click Look & Feel.
- Under Interface Theme, click in the Model box, and then click a color, or click Select Color. …
- If you clicked Select Color, the Color Palette dialog box is displayed. …
- Click OK.
How do I change the background color in AutoCAD 2007?
- Create a new view using the VIEW command.
- In the View dialog box, select the “Override default background” check box.
- On the Index tab, select the color you want to use.
- Select your new view, and then click Set Current.
- Click Apply.
How do I hide an area in AutoCAD?
Select objects that you want to hide from drawing then right click to bring the contextual menu and select Isolate then Hide objects. This will hide only the objects which you have selected leaving all the remaining objects active in drawing area.
What is the wipeout command in AutoCAD?
Creates a polygonal area that masks underlying objects with the current background color. The wipeout area is bounded by a frame that you can turn on or off. You can also choose to display the frame on screen and have it hidden for plotting.
How do you delete text in Autocad?
On the MTEXT ribbon contextual tab, in the Close panel, click Close Text Editor. Click in the drawing outside the editor.
On the Text Editor ribbon contextual tab Formatting panel, click Clear and choose one of the following:
- Remove Character Formatting.
- Remove Paragraph Formatting.
- Remove All Formatting.
How do I delete a text box in Autocad?
After highlighting the style to edit pick the “Edit Block” button on the right side. In the block editor pick the text box inside the bubble and right click. 3/4 of the way down the list, select “Object Visability” and choose on the flyout “Hide for All States”. Save it close the block.