How do you put one layer on top of another in AutoCAD?
There is a quick and easy way to do that in Autocad. use command QSELECT, select the layer, then right click, “draw order” and you can either bring to front/send to back or “bring above objects/send below objects”.
What is the difference between an overlay and an attachment in AutoCAD?
Attachment: Saves a copy of the xref drawing in your drawing. Overlay: Creates a link to the xref drawing in your drawing.
How do you overlay AutoCAD in Google Earth?
Importing and Exporting
- Step 1: Select the “Import KML” command and choose the desired file.
- Step 2: The information contained in the KML file is brought into your AutoCAD drawing.
- Step 1: Select the “Publish to Google Earth” command.
- Step 2: Choose the appropriate coordinate trasformation method.
How do I overlay two DWG files?
Insert an Overlay
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Attach. …
- In the Select Reference File dialog box, select the file you want to attach and click Open.
- In the Attach External Reference dialog box, under Reference Type, select Overlay.
How do you overlay a drawing?
To add a specific region of a drawing instead of the entire page, go to Document > Overlay Pages > Modify. From the dialog box, click Select Region and click and drag your mouse across the area of the drawing that you want to include in the overlay. Click OK.
How do I manage layers in AutoCAD?
About Managing Drawing Layers
- Create, rename, and delete layers.
- Change layer properties.
- Make a layer current.
- Add and remove viewport layer overrides.
- Get notified of new layers and reconcile them in the drawing.
- Filter and group layers.
14 мая 2019 г.
How do I change the order of layers in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Modify panel drop-down list. Find.
- Click Draw Order, and from the drop-down list, choose one of the options.
- Select the objects that you want to modify, and press Enter.
- For the Bring Above Objects and Send Under Objects options, select the reference objects, and press Enter.
What is the difference between attachment and overlay in Revit?
When linking a Revit model, Revit gives two options: Attach or Overlay. This defines the visibility of nested models (models linked to the link) in the main model. Attachment loads nested linked models and displays them in the project, Overlay only loads the linked model (and not the ones linked into it).
How do you edit an xref without changing the original?
To Edit Xref or Block References in Place
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Edit Reference. …
- From within the current drawing, select the reference that you would like to edit. …
- In the Reference Edit dialog box, select the specific reference that you want to edit. …
- Click OK.
- Select the objects you would like to edit in the reference and press Enter.
How do I permanently attach an xref in AutoCAD?
To Bind an Xref to the Current Drawing
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Dialog box launcher. Find.
- In the External References palette, select the reference name that you want to bind.
- Right-click, and click Bind.
- In the Bind Xrefs dialog box, select one of the following options: …
- Click OK to close each dialog box.
How do I convert DWG to KML?
To Export To KML (Keyhole Markup Language)
- At the command line, enter MAPEXPORT and press .
- In the Export Location dialog box, select the Google KML file format and a location for the exported files.
- In the Export dialog box, specify how to export objects. …
- On the Selection tab, specify the objects to export.