What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
How do you read a CAD drawing?
How to Read CAD House Plan Drawings
- Look at the legend. The legend or key, usually located near the lower right-hand corner of the drawing, should explain all of the symbols on the drawing. …
- Read the notes. Particularly near things like windows and doors, CAD drawings have lots of notes. …
- Pay attention to lines.
What is the length and width of an average house?
Average Square Footage
In ranch houses following a straight configuration, the kitchen, dining and living area was at one end of the house, with the bedrooms at the other, running roughly 22 feet wide by 48 feet long, with a carport or garage at the end near the open living area, which equals 1,056 square feet.
What does C stand for on a floor plan?
House plan abbreviations
|CBD / CPD||Cupboard|
What are the 5 basic components of construction drawings?
5 Types of Construction Drawings Used in Commercial Construction
- 1 Architectural Drawings: This is one of the types of construction drawings. …
- Structural Drawings: …
- Electrical Drawings: …
- Plumbing and Sanitary Drawings: …
- Finishing Drawing:
What drawings does a builder need?
For most projects, you’ll need the following types of construction drawings to apply for planning permission or a lawful development certificate:
- Existing floor plans. These are accurate drawings of what the building looks like as it stands today. …
- Design floor plans. …