Multiple objects can still be selected with selection or crossing windows, and by holding the Shift key while clicking items.
How do you select multiple items without shifting in AutoCAD?
Go to the File – Options and select the icon for multiple objects selection. Once ticked, you can slect the multiple objects without pressing and holding the shift key.
How do you select multiple objects?
Select multiple objects. Press and hold Shift or Ctrl while you select the objects. Select an object that is under other objects and cycle forward through the stack of objects. Select the top object, and then press Tab.
How do you hatch multiple objects in AutoCAD?
To Work With Hatching or Filling Objects or Areas
- Click Home tab Draw panel Hatch. …
- On the Properties panel Hatch Type list, select the type of hatch that you want to use.
- On the Pattern panel, click a hatch pattern or fill.
- On the Boundaries panel, specify the how the pattern boundary is selected: …
- Click an area or object to be hatched.
How do you select multiple blocks in AutoCAD?
Select all instances of a block
- Open the Properties palette.
- Click the Quick Select button to open the Quick Select dialog box.
- For the Object Type, choose Block Reference. …
- For the Property, choose Name.
- For the Operator, choose = Equals (the default).
- For the Value, choose the block’s name from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
How do you select something in AutoCAD?
To Select Objects
- Select individual objects by clicking them.
- Drag from left to right to select all objects that are entirely enclosed in the selection rectangle or lasso (window selection).
- Drag from right to left to select all objects that are crossed by the selection rectangle or lasso (crossing selection).
How do you select multiple objects in Lumion?
CTRL + Drag with LEFT MOUSE BUTTON
Rectangular selection tool for selecting multiple objects.
How do you select multiple images in Word?
To move several pictures as one, group them. Hold down the Ctrl key and select each picture. Right-click the multiple-picture selection, choose Group from the contextual submenu and then choose Group again.
How do I select a hatch in Autocad?
Hatch or Fill an Object or an Area
On the Hatch Creation tab > Properties panel > Hatch Type list, select the type of hatch that you want to use. On the Pattern panel, click a hatch pattern or fill.
How do you hatch in Draftsight?
To hatch an area, do the following: Specify the boundary. Set a hatch pattern.
- Type User and press Enter.
- Specify an angle for the hatch pattern and press Enter. …
- Specify the distance between lines in the hatch pattern and press Enter. …
- To specify whether you want to add intersecting lines, type Yes or No.
How do you hatch closed polylines?
You can fill closed polylines in your drawing with solid fills and hatch patterns. On the command line, enter adefillpolyg. At the ADEFILLPOLYG (Fill Closed Polyline command) prompt, specify whether you want to select objects or fill all objects on a specified layer. Select the objects or specify a layer.
How do I select similar blocks in AutoCAD?
To Select Similar Objects
- Select an object that represents the category of objects you want to select.
- Right-click, and choose Select Similar.
Why can’t I select in AutoCAD?
There might be several causes for this: The desired objects are within a viewport on a layout and the viewport is not active. The layer of the objects are locked. The edit mode of an xref is active.
How would you select set of objects in a drawing?
You can select object using a line or a fence. When prompted to select objects, type [F] for fence and simply draw a dashed line across objects you want to select. All crossed and touched objects will be selected. If you made a mistake and selected an object you don’t need, don’t cancel command and start over.