Selection cycling allows you to select objects that are overlapping by pressing Shift + Spacebar. You can control whether a blue cursor icon displays to indicate overlapping objects and you can configure the display settings of the Selection list box.
How do you select two overlapping lines in AutoCAD?
With your cursor positioned over the line (lines) press and hold the shift key down and then repeatedly press on the space bar to tab through the objects below the cursor. Once the one you want is highlighted click with the mouse to select it.
How do I select a line behind another line in AutoCAD?
To Select Overlapping or Close Objects
- Make sure that Selection Cycling is turned on.
- As you roll your cursor over objects, you will see an icon indicating that multiple objects are available for selection.
- Click to see a list of available objects, and then click in the list to select the object you want.
How do I select an object in a layer in AutoCAD?
How do you select everything on a layer? Ctrl-clicking or Command-clicking the layer thumbnail selects the nontransparent areas of the layer. To select all layers, choose Select > All Layers.
How do you select multiple items without shifting in AutoCAD?
How do you select multiple items without shifting in AutoCAD? Go to the File – Options and select the icon for multiple objects selection. Once ticked, you can slect the multiple objects without pressing and holding the shift key.
How do you set a selection in AutoCAD?
To Change Object Selection Settings
- Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Options.
- On the Selection tab, choose the settings you want. Among other settings, you can set. Whether objects to be selected are previewed during selection. Whether selected objects are highlighted.
How do you select everything on a layer?
Ctrl-clicking or Command-clicking the layer thumbnail selects the nontransparent areas of the layer.
- To select all layers, choose Select > All Layers.
- To select all layers of a similar type (for example all type layers), select one of the layers, and choose Select > Similar Layers.
How many types of object property exist in AutoCAD?
Every object has general properties including its layer, color, linetype, linetype scale, lineweight, transparency, and plot style. In addition, objects have properties that are specific to their type. For example, the special properties of a circle include its radius and area.
Which tool allows you to control which layers are displayed in the layer drop down list?
The quickest and easiest way to manage layers is via the Layers panel on the Home tab of the ribbon shown in Figure 2-20. The Layer drop-down list allows you to set the current drawing layer (see Figure 2-20). The Layer Properties Manager palette allows you to create and manage drawing layers.
Can’t select multiple lines AutoCAD?
Either hold down the shift key to select the other line or go to options, use the Selection Tab, On the left side, remove the check mark from “Use Shift to add to selection” option. If this post solves your problem, clicking the ‘accept as solution’ button would be greatly appreciated.
How do I select multiple items in Draftsight?
Go to the File – Options and select the icon for multiple objects selection. Once ticked, you can slect the multiple objects without pressing and holding the shift key.
How do you select multiple blocks in AutoCAD?
Select all instances of a block
- Open the Properties palette.
- Click the Quick Select button to open the Quick Select dialog box.
- For the Object Type, choose Block Reference. …
- For the Property, choose Name.
- For the Operator, choose = Equals (the default).
- For the Value, choose the block’s name from the drop-down list.