Why can’t I see my dimensions in AutoCAD?
Check your layer controls, turn on any that are off and see if your dimensions don’t appear. If you can see the dimension line, but not the text; this means your text style is too small for the scale. … Another option would be to switch to paperspace (layout) and dimension it this way.
How do I show dimensions in inches in AutoCAD?
- Open the Dimension Style Manager using DIMSTY.
- Select the dimension style in use.
- Select Modify.
- Navigate to the Primary Units tab.
- Set Unit Format to Decimal.
- Set the Precision to be displayed. For whole inches, set the Precision to 0.
- In the Suffix box, add the inch symbol (“).
- Press OK.
How do you hide dimensions in AutoCAD?
How to hide dimensions in Autocad?
- Right-click the dimension on the drawing sheet.
- Select Edit from the menu.
- The dimension value is represented by > in the Edit Dimension dialog box.
- Click on the Hide Dimension Value check box and enter the dimension of the string to be displayed.
- Close the dialog box by clicking OK.
Why are my dimensions huge in AutoCAD?
If the overall scale factor is 96 for example, the dimensions will look HUGE as you described.
How do you change inches to mm in AutoCAD?
- On the Dimension menu, click Style.
- In the Dimension Style Manager, click New.
- In the New Dimension Style dialog box, select a Name, Start With Style, and select Use For: All Dimensions. …
- On the Primary Units tab, enter mm in the Suffix box and set the Scale Factor to 25.4 (there are 25.4 mm per inch).
How do you change dimensions in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Annotation panel Dimension Style. Find.
- In the Dimension Style Manager, select the style you want to change. Click Modify.
- In Modify Dimension Style dialog box, Fit tab, under Scale for Dimension Features, enter a value for the overall scale.
- Click OK.
- Click Close to exit the Dimension Style Manager.
How do I draw a line in AutoCAD with dimensions?
Mouse and Menu
- Click the “Line” command of the “Draw” menu. This places AutoCAD in line drawing mode.
- Click any point on the canvas to specify the first point of the line.
- Drag the mouse. …
- Drag the mouse until the length number described in the previous step reaches the length you want for the line.
How do you show inches and feet?
The international standard symbol for inch is in (see ISO 31-1, Annex A) but traditionally the inch is denoted by a double prime, which is often approximated by double quotes, and the foot by a prime, which is often approximated by an apostrophe. For example, three feet two inches can be written as 3′ 2″.
What does AutoCAD measure in?
Architectural units are based in feet and inches and use fractions to represent partial inches: for example, 12′3 1/2″. The base unit is the inch unless otherwise specified, so if you enter a number like 147.5, then AutoCAD will understand it to be 12′3 1/2″.
How do you do feet and inches in AutoCAD?
To draw in feet and inches in AutoCAD, go the the Drawing Utilities section then Units. From here you can change the type to Architectural. You can also set your desired precision in fractions of an inch.
How do you show dimensions in Inventor?
Use Show Dimensions to display feature and sketch dimensions. When dimensions are displayed, you can edit the values. Right-click a feature in the browser or graphics window and select Show Dimensions.
How do you hide dimensions in Inventor?
To Temporarily Hide Reference Dimensions on Inventor Link Drawing Views
- In the browser, right-click the view you want to hide the dimensions of. A menu is displayed.
- Click Dimensions Hide Reference Dimensions. All reference dimensions are hidden.