Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
What is the Viewport command in AutoCAD?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How many viewports can be displayed in AutoCAD?
How do you make a viewport invisible in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do you pan a viewport in AutoCAD?
Pan and Zoom With a Touch Pad
- Zoom in. Slide thumb and index finger apart.
- Zoom out. Pinch thumb and index finger together.
- Pan. Swipe with two fingers in the direction that you want to pan the view.
What is meant by viewport?
The viewport is the user’s visible area of a web page. The viewport varies with the device, and will be smaller on a mobile phone than on a computer screen. Before tablets and mobile phones, web pages were designed only for computer screens, and it was common for web pages to have a static design and a fixed size.
What is the purpose of viewports in AutoCAD?
Viewports are areas that display different views of your drawing and/or model. Layout viewports are objects that you can scale to display the view of your drawing on a layout tab for publishing and production.
Why can’t I see my viewport in AutoCAD?
In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. … If other viewports are in the layout tab, remove them from the selection set by holding down the Shift key and selecting each visible viewport, leaving just the invisible viewport selected.
What is Mview in AutoCAD?
Specifies the first corner of a rectangular layout viewport followed by a diagonal corner.
How do you hide a viewport line?
Hide Lines in Layout Viewports
- Select the layout viewport in which you want to hide the lines.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties palette.
- On the Properties palette, under Misc, in the Shade Plot field, select Legacy Hidden.
How do I restore a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Restore a Saved Viewport Arrangement in Model Space
- Click View tab Model Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, choose a configuration to restore.
How do you edit a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Modify Layout Viewport Properties Using the Properties Palette
- Click the border of the layout viewport whose properties you want to modify.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties. Find.
- In the Properties palette, select the value for the property you want to modify. Enter a new value or select a new setting from the list provided.
How do you unlock a viewport?
- In layout view select the boundary of one Viewport.
- Click the customization button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enable the viewport lock from the drop-up list.
How do you pan in AutoCAD?
Position the cursor at the start location and press the left mouse button down. Drag the cursor to the new location. You can also press the mouse scroll wheel or middle button down and drag the cursor to pan.
What is the difference between pan and zoom in AutoCAD?
Pan: Hold down the scroll wheel as you move the mouse. (The scroll wheel is also considered a button.) Zoom to the extents of a drawing: Double-click the scroll wheel. This method is particularly useful when you accidentally press Enter at the wrong time during a Move or Copy operation.