On the Manage ribbon, in the Settings panel, click Object Styles. Switch to the Annotation Objects tab. Here, you can control the Line Weight, Line Color, and Line Pattern for Reference Lines and Reference Planes.
How do you show reference planes in Revit?
Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
- On the ribbon, click (Reference Plane). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) Structure tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) …
- To draw a line: On the Draw panel, click (Line). …
- To pick an existing line: On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
How do you show reference planes?
Reference planes display in each plan view that you create for a model. Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane. Name each reference plane so you can assign it to be the current work plane. Hide a selected reference plane or all reference planes in a view.
How do you change a reference plane in Revit?
Select a work plane-based element in a view. Click Modify |
In the Work Plane dialog, select another work plane.
- Name—Choose an available work plane from the list, and click OK. …
- Pick a plane—Revit creates a plane coincident to the selected plane.
How do you turn off reference planes in Revit?
Hide the Reference Plane in the View
- Select one or more reference planes to hide.
- Right-click and click Hide in View Elements. To hide the selected annotations and all other annotations of the same category in the current view, click Hide in View Category.
What is a reference plane Revit?
Reference planes are an integral part of family creation. Reference planes display in each plan view that you create for a model. Topics in this section. Add a Reference Plane. Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
How do you create a reference level in Revit?
In addition to creating a level for each story in a building, you can also create reference levels, such as sill level.
- Open the section or elevation view to add levels to.
- On the ribbon, click (Level). …
- Place the cursor in the drawing area and click. …
- Draw level lines by moving the cursor horizontally.
Do reference planes print in Revit?
Reference planes, crop boundaries, and scope boxes are hidden for printing by default. … Click Print (Print Setup). In the Print Setup dialog, select Hide ref/work planes.
Where is the reference line in Revit?
In the Family Editor, click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Line). Using the drawing tools, sketch the line. The line displays as a solitary solid line until selected or when highlighted during preselection.
Where is the work plane command in Revit?
Set the Work Plane of a View
- On the ribbon, click (Set). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Set) …
- In the Work Plane dialog, under Specify a new Work Plane, select one of the following options: …
- If the selected plane is perpendicular to the current view, the Go to View dialog opens.
Where is Family Editor in Revit?
Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify |