To update links without closing the current project, you can unload and reload the links. To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models.
How do you add a link in Revit?
Open an existing model, and link another model to it.
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
How do I find links in Revit?
Display a Linked Model by Linked View
- Open the view in the host model.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- On the Revit Links tab, for the linked model, do the following: …
- In the RVT Link Display Settings dialog, on the Basics tab, do the following: …
- Click OK twice.
How do you relink CAD in Revit?
Link a CAD File
- Open the Revit model.
- If you want the linked file to display only in a particular view, open that view.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to link, and select the file.
How do Revit links work?
When you link a model into a project, Revit opens the linked model and keeps it in memory. The more links a project contains, the longer it can take to open. Linked models are listed in the Revit Links branch of the Project Browser.
What files can Revit link?
Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT. CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
Can you link models in Revit LT?
You can link models to more easily manage the individual parts or to improve performance when working on a large project. When you link a Revit LT model to the current model, a message displays if the linked model needs to be upgraded to the current software release.
How do you refresh in Revit?
In Revit, click Manage tab Manage Projects panel Manage Links. In the Manage Links dialog, on the CAD Formats tab, select the linked file in the list, and click Reload. Click OK.
How do I unlink a link in Revit?
Select either of 2 linked connectors. Click Modify | Connector Element tab Connector Links panel (Remove Link). The link is removed.
Why can’t I see my linked CAD file in Revit?
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
How do I link a Revit model to BIM 360?
Link Revit Models in BIM 360
- From the Insert tab in Revit, click Link Revit.
- Choose the BIM 360 drive in the file browser.
- Navigate through the project and folder structure to the location of your model.
- Select the model and click Open.