How do you share a BIM model?
To share using this method:
- Publish your models from Revit to BIM 360 using Revit Cloud Worksharing.
- Use the Design Collaboration module to create a package and share your models with other teams.
- Other teams choose to consume the shared models.
How do I export a Revit model?
Use STL Export to customize and export your Revit model to an STL file.
- Open a 3D view. …
- Click the File tab Export CAD Formats STL.
- In the STL Export dialog , specify your STL file options.
- Click Save to create the STL file or click Cancel to close STL Export dialog.
How do I share my Revit model on BIM 360?
- In Revit, open or create a model.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Collaborate).
- If prompted, sign into your Autodesk account. …
- In the Collaborate dialog, select In BIM 360 Document Management.
- Click OK.
- Select the desired project folder.
- In the dialog, click Initiate. …
- Click Close to continue.
Is there a Revit viewer?
To open and review models without an active license, you can run Revit in viewer mode. Revit Viewer is intended for reviewing models and printing views and sheets without the need for a software license or subscription.
How do I export my BIM 360 model?
To download an individual model, in the BIM 360 toolbar, click Models. In the Models module, make your selection, and click +Download. To download a merged model, in the BIM 360 toolbar, click Models. In the Models module, make your selection, and click More Actions Download.
How do I export a 3D model in Revit?
- Open the 3D view of the project to export.
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG files).
- In the DWG Export dialog, click (Modify Export Setup).
- On the Solids tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog, select Export as AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP Objects. …
- For Prefer: …
- Click Next.
Can you open a Revit file without Revit?
Autodesk Viewer lets you open the RVT file without having Revit or AutoCAD on your computer.
What is shared folder in BIM 360?
When the BIM 360 Design Collaboration module is activated for a BIM 360 project, a subfolder within the Project Files is created of the name “Shared”. … Once the folder is created, any Project Admin and members with Folder Control permission have the ability to re-name the folder.
Is there a free viewer for Revit?
Autodesk have now released a great new file viewer, it is free, accepts over 50 file formats including Revit, and requires no software. … You can Share a link via email, upload a new version, or remove the file at any time.
Can I open Revit file in AutoCAD?
Can you open a Revit file in AutoCAD? No it’s not directly possible. You will need to export the rvt file to a dwg.
What software can open Revit files?
RVT Files are created with Revit, software used by architects to make blueprints. They can be opened with Autodesk Viewer on a browser or by downloading a free trial of AutoCAD Architecture.