How do I change the layout of a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Modify Layout Viewport Properties Using the Properties Palette
- Click the border of the layout viewport whose properties you want to modify.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties. Find.
- In the Properties palette, select the value for the property you want to modify. Enter a new value or select a new setting from the list provided.
How do I get recenter in AutoCAD?
- Select the linework, object or block to center.
- Click Home tab Modify panel Align drop-down Center.
- Select an existing edge as an axis, and then specify two points between which to center the object on that axis; or press Enter, and specify any two points between which to center the object.
How do you pan a viewport in AutoCAD?
Pan and Zoom With a Touch Pad
- Zoom in. Slide thumb and index finger apart.
- Zoom out. Pinch thumb and index finger together.
- Pan. Swipe with two fingers in the direction that you want to pan the view.
How do you hide a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I resize a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Resize a Scale Area or Viewport
- Click the viewport or scale area border. Grips appear.
- Drag any grip to resize the viewport or scale area.
How do you center a viewport?
To align model space and paper space points
- Type alignspace in the command bar, then press Enter. …
- Click inside a layout viewport, then pick a point. …
- Right click or press Enter. …
- Pick a point in the layout. …
- Click inside the viewport you want to align.
- Right click or press Enter to confirm.
Where is center of gravity in AutoCAD 2d?
To find the center of gravity, you need to first convert the mass element to a 3D solid, and then use the MASSPROP command.
- Select the 3D Solid object.
- Right-click. Click Convert to > Mass Element.
- Enter Yes on the command line to erase the selected object.
- Press ENTER, or enter N to name the mass element.
How do you find the center of a square in AutoCAD?
To Define the Center Point of a Rectangle
- Draw a square with a side of 10 units.
- Click Home tab Draw panel Circle drop-down Center, Radius. Find.
- At the Command prompt, enter AMPSNAPCEN.
- Select the first side (1).
- Select the second side (2).
- At the Command prompt, enter R for Relation.
- Press ENTER.
- When prompted for the relation to the first edge enter 0.2.
How do you unlock a viewport?
- In layout view select the boundary of one Viewport.
- Click the customization button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enable the viewport lock from the drop-up list.
How do you pan in AutoCAD?
Position the cursor at the start location and press the left mouse button down. Drag the cursor to the new location. You can also press the mouse scroll wheel or middle button down and drag the cursor to pan.
How do you move a viewport?
To Move a Scale Area or a Viewport (AutoCAD Mechanical)
- Double-click the viewport or scale area border (1).
- In model space the Scale Area dialog box appears, in layout the View dialog box appears: Under border, click Move<. Choose OK.
- Select the target position for the viewport (2).
- Choose OK.
How do you hide a viewport line?
Hide Lines in Layout Viewports
- Select the layout viewport in which you want to hide the lines.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties palette.
- On the Properties palette, under Misc, in the Shade Plot field, select Legacy Hidden.
How do I restore a viewport in Autocad?
To Restore a Saved Viewport Arrangement in Model Space
- Click View tab Model Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, choose a configuration to restore.
How do you hide objects in a viewport?
To hide items in a particular paper space viewport in the model:
- Do one of the following: Click the Hide All but Selected Objects in Viewport icon . At the command line, type HIDESELECTEDINVP and then press Enter.
- In the model, select the items you wish hide.
- Right click or press Enter.