How do you add topography in Revit?
In Revit, link the topography to the current model as follows:
- Specify coordinates for the building model. …
- Open a plan view or a 3D view for the building model. …
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Topography).
- In the Link Topography dialog, navigate to the topography. …
- Select the desired topography, and click Link.
How do you get contour lines in Revit?
Contour labels display in site plan views.
- Create a topographic surface with different elevations.
- Open a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Label Contours).
- Sketch a line that intersects one or more contour lines.
What is the use of Toposurface in Revit?
The Toposurface tool defines a topographical surface (a toposurface) using points or imported data. You can create toposurfaces in 3D views or site plans. Watch these videos to learn how to create and work with toposurfaces, subregions, and graded regions. Create a toposurface by placing points in the drawing area.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.
How do you cut topography in Revit?
Split a Toposurface
- Open a site plan or 3D view.
- Click Site tab Modify Site panel (Split Surface).
- In the drawing area, select the toposurface to split. …
- Click Modify | Split Surface tab Draw panel (Pick Lines), or use other sketch tools to split the toposurface.
What is building pad in Revit?
You add a building pad by sketching a closed loop on a toposurface. After sketching the pad, you can specify a value to control the height offset from the level and other properties. … You then sketch a pad on the surface at an offset of –20 meters from the surface.
How do you change topography in Revit?
Open a site plan that displays a toposurface. Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Subregion). Revit enters sketch mode.
- Select the subregion.
- Click Modify | Topography tab Subregion panel (Edit Boundary).
- Click (Pick Lines) or use other sketching tools to modify the subregion on the toposurface.
How do you change contour lines in Revit?
Open a site plan view, and select a contour line label. Click Modify | Contour Labels tab Properties panel (Type Properties).
Change the Appearance of Contour Line Labels
- Click Duplicate.
- Enter a name for the new contour label type, and click OK.
- Change the parameters as desired, and click OK.
How do I use Toposurface in Revit?
Create a Toposurface by Placing Points
- Open a 3D view or a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel (Toposurface).
- On the Options Bar, set a value for Elevation. …
- Next to the Elevation text box, select one of the following: …
- Click in the drawing area to place points. …
- Click (Finish Surface).
How do you edit a pad in Revit?
Modify Building Pads
- Open the site plan that contains the building pad.
- Select the building pad. …
- Click Modify | Pads tab Mode panel (Edit Boundary).
- Click Modify | Pads Edit Boundary tab Draw panel (Boundary Line, and use the sketch tools to make the necessary changes.
- To slope the building pad, use a slope arrow.
How do you use graded regions in Revit?
Create a Graded Region
- Open a site plan that displays a toposurface.
- Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Graded Region).
- In the Edit Graded Region dialog, select one of the following: …
- Select the toposurface. …
- When you are finished editing the surface, click Finish Surface.