Saves selected objects or converts a block to a specified drawing file. The Write Block dialog box is displayed. Entering -wblock at the Command prompt displays a standard file selection dialog box in which to specify a name for the new drawing file, followed by command prompts.
What is difference between Block and Wblock in AutoCAD?
I’m using Autocad 2002. Also, a wblock is actually a separate drawing file you create from objects you selected (or the entire dwg). … The main difference is that blocks tend to reside in the drawing you create them in. Since a wblock is a separate dwg, it’s more easily inserted & shared.5 мая 2005 г.
How do I use Wblock?
- On the command line, enter wblock.
- In the Write Block dialog box, under Source, click Entire Drawing.
- Under Destination, in the File Name box, enter the file name for the WBLOCK.
- In the Location box, enter the save location for the WBLOCK (new drawing file).
- Click OK to create the new drawing file.
What does Regen do in AutoCAD?
REGEN regenerates the drawing with the following effects: Recomputes the locations and visibility for all objects in the current viewport. Reindexes the drawing database for optimum display and object selection performance. Resets the overall area available for realtime panning and zooming in the current viewport.
How do I clean up a CAD file?
- Note: A quick way to delete all unnecessary objects from your drawing file is to hit CTRL+A (select all), then hold down the Shift key whilst de-selecting what you want to keep. …
- Note: From 2010 AutoCAD has the option to purge empty text strings in the ‘PURGE’ dialogue – see below.
How do I reduce the size of a CAD file?
Use the following commands to reduce the size of a DWG file.
- Detach all unneeded xref files using the XREF command.
- Select all objects in a drawing and enter the OVERKILL command. …
- Enter the -PURGE command and choose Regapps.
- Enter the PURGE command and select all options.
How do I extract a block in AutoCAD?
Type ATTEXT at the command line. You can leave CDF as the file format. Now click Select objects and select blocks you want to extract. In this sample, you can select everything.
How do you retrieve a created and saved block in another drawing?
- Click Insert tab Block panel Block Editor. Find.
- Click Block Editor tab Open/Save panel Save Block As. Find.
- In the Save Block As dialog box, enter a name for the new block definition.
- Select the Save Block Definition to Drawing File check box. Click OK.
- In the Browse For Drawing File dialog box, click Save.
How do you select objects with a crossing selection?
- Select individual objects by clicking them.
- Drag from left to right to select all objects that are entirely enclosed in the selection rectangle or lasso (window selection).
- Drag from right to left to select all objects that are crossed by the selection rectangle or lasso (crossing selection).
How do you regenerate in AutoCAD?
You can force a REgen — that is, tell AutoCAD to regenerate the drawing right now, whether it needs it or not — by running the REgen command. You might want to run the REgen command after AutoCAD prompts Regen queued to ensure that what you see on the screen is what you get in the DWG file when you save it.
What is effect of Redraw command in AutoCAD drawing?
The Redraw command redraws the current viewport to clean it up. The Redrawall command redraws all viewports to clean them up. As a matter of fact the screen display of a drawing is a simplified version of the drawing database. From time to time it is necessary to synchronise the screen display and the drawing database.
How do I stop regenerating models in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD automatically regenerates whenever needed, but you can turn off automatic regeneration and manually regenerate (using the REGEN command) when you want to; this reduces regenerations and gives you more control. Use the REGENAUTO command and set it to off.
Why is my CAD file so big?
When working with AutoCAD, sometimes you can see that your files get unusually large. It may slow your system down and it might crash the system. You might want to try to reduce the file size. Other reason why you want to reduce the file size is because you need to send it as attachment or upload it.
How can I speed up AutoCAD files?
AutoCAD will perform faster if it gets more memory to perform its task and you can clean up memory by uninstalling unnecessary software thereby limiting the background processes. Uninstall all unnecessary software and try to keep only the required software on your PC. You can also clean disk space to boost performance.
How do I fix a slow AutoCAD file?
Install the latest AutoCAD update (see Install Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements). Clear the AutoCAD graphics cache by typing CACHEMAXFILES on the command line and set it to 0 (zero), then restart AutoCAD. (Set CACHEMAXFILES back to 256 after it restarts.)