A plotter configuration file, or PC3 file, enables you to configure a plotter and to save the settings for later use. You can set up multiple configuration files for the same plotter by selecting a different configuration in the Plot dialog box.
How do I use pc3 files in AutoCAD?
To Add or Modify the PC3 File Description
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. Find.
- Double-click the plotter configuration (PC3) file whose settings you want to change.
- In the Plotter Configuration Editor, click the General tab.
- Click in the Description box.
- Add a description or modify the existing description for the PC3 file.
- Click OK.
What is a pc3 file?
A PC3 file – the short name for “Plotter Configuration Version 3” – contains settings for a particular plotter on your network. When you create a PC3 file, you’re configuring that plotter to always print in a specific way. These files contain settings such as: Graphic settings, such as Lines Overwrite or Lines Merge.
Where are AutoCAD pc3 files located?
(By default, PC3 files are stored in the Plotters folder. To find the location of your plotter files, on the Tools menu, click Options. In the Options dialog box, Files tab, click the plus sign to the left of Printer Support File Path. Click the plus sign to the left of the Printer Configuration Search Path file.
How do you create a plotter in AutoCAD?
Select a Printer or Plotter for a Layout
Click the layout tab for which you want to specify a printer or plotter. In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify. Click Modify. In the Page Setup dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, select a printer or plotter from the list.
What is a plotter in AutoCAD?
A plotter configuration file, or PC3 file, enables you to configure a plotter and to save the settings for later use. … Enter PLOTTERMANAGER on the command line in AutoCAD (or choose it from the File menu or choose Print > Manage Plotters from the AutoCAD application menu). Double-click Add-A-Plotter Wizard.
How do I insert PostScript in AutoCAD?
To Plot a PostScript File
- Make sure you have configured a plotter driver for PostScript file output.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Plot. …
- In the Plot dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, in the Name box, select a PostScript format configuration.
- Select plot settings for the PostScript file as needed.
- Click OK.
How do I open pc3 files?
Double-click a PC3 file in Microsoft ® Windows ® Explorer or right-click the PC3 file and click Open. (By default, PC3 files are stored in the Plotters folder. To find the location of your plotter files, on the Tools menu, click Options.
How do I view a DWG file?
Navigate to https://a360.autodesk.com/viewer in a web browser. A360 is a free online tool available from AutoDesk. It allows you to view any DWG file without having to install software or browser plug-ins.
How do I add a printer to AutoCAD?
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. …
- Double-click the Add-a-Plotter Wizard shortcut icon.
- On the Begin page, select System Printer. …
- On the System Printer page, select the system printer for which you want to create a plotter configuration file.
How do I change the default printer in AutoCAD 2018?
- Run Options.
- Go to Plot and Publish tab.
- Under Default plot settings for new drawings, select Use as default output device.
- Select the plotter you want as a default.
- Click OK.
How do I add a plotter in AutoCAD 2020?
Click the plus sign to the left of the Printer Configuration Search Path file. Under Printer Configuration Search Path, click the path name to view the location of your plotter files.) Choose Edit Plotter Configuration from within the Add-a-Plotter wizard. Choose Properties in the Page Setup dialog box.
How do I change the default plotter in AutoCAD?
In the Options dialog box, select the Plot and Publish tab . Click Plot Style Table Settings . Under Default Plot Style, select either Use Color-Dependent Plot Styles or Use Named Plot Styles . Select the default plot style table from the drop-down list .
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do you install a plotter?
Go to the Start Menu. Select Devices and Printers (if you’re running Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.1). If you’re running Windows XP, please schedule time with us to have your laptop updated. Click ‘Add a Printer’.
How do I create an EPS plotter in AutoCAD?
Create Adobe EPS Virtual Plotter
To add a EPS plotter to AutoCAD you have to use the Add Plotter wizard. Select Tools > Wizards > Add Plotter… from the pull-down menu. You will see the “Add Plotter” tab, click on it. After clicking on it, a dialog box will appear, which tells you a little about the wizard.
How do I change print settings in AutoCAD?
Setting printing and plotting options in AutoCAD
- Select a layout in the layout tabs.
- Right click in the layout tab and click Page Setup Manager in the menu.
- In the Page Setup Manager dialog box, select a page setup. Click Modify.
- Specify plot settings for the page setup.