You can import geometry objects stored in SAT (ASCII) files using the ASCISIN command. It converts the model to a body object or to 3D solids and regions if the body is a true solid or a true region. You can export trimmed NURBS surfaces, regions, and 3D solids to an ACIS file in ASCII (SAT) format.
Can AutoCAD Open Sat files?
In the Import File dialog box, in the Files of type box, select ACIS (*. sat). Find and select the ACIS file you want to import, or enter the name of the ACIS file at File Name. Click Open.
What is a SAT file?
SAT files are ASCII text files that may be viewed with a simple text editor. A SAT file contains carriage returns, white space and other formatting that makes it readable to the human eye. A SAT file has a . sat file extension.
How do I export an AutoCAD sat file?
- Click Application menu Export Other Formats. Find.
- In the Export Data dialog box, enter a file name.
- Under Files of type, select ACIS (*. sat). Click Save.
- Select the objects you want to save to an ACIS file. The file extension . sat is automatically appended.
How do I use Las files in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Layers panel Layer State. Find.
- In the Layer State drop-down list, click Manage Layer States. …
- In the Layer States Manager, click Import.
- In the Import Layer State dialog box, open the LAS file that you want to use, and then close the Layer States Manager.
What does DXF mean?
Drawing Interchange Format
What is the meaning of ACIS?
Acis in British English
(ˈeɪsɪs ) Greek mythology. a Sicilian shepherd and the lover of the nymph Galatea. In jealousy, Polyphemus crushed him with a huge rock, and his blood was turned by Galatea into a river.
How do you open a DAT file?
In Windows, right-click DAT file you want to open and then click the “Open With” command. In the “Open With” window, choose the text editor you want to use and then click the “OK” button. Provided the file you opened is text-based, you should be able to read the contents.
Can solidworks Open Sat files?
SOLIDWORKS supports import of generic named attributes (integer, position, real, string, and vector) associated with bodies and faces from ACIS (. sat) files. These attributes are displayed as features in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do I open an SAT file in Revit?
Open SAT file in Revit 2017. Save this project. Open saved project in Revit 2019 and upgrade.
- Start AutoCAD.
- type ASMRESTORE and set it to 2.
- Import SAT file.
- Save this as DWG, and import DWG in Revit 2019.
How do I open an SAT file in Inventor?
Sets the options for the import of a SAT file. If an imported SAT file contains an assembly, Autodesk Inventor creates an assembly file and a part file for each part in the SAT assembly.
In the Open, Place Component, or Import dialog boxes:
- Set the Files of type to *. sat.
- Select or browse to the file.
- Click Options.
How can I check my lidar data?
Lidar data are available through The National Map Download Client. Click the “How To” link at the top of the viewer for detailed instructions on how to find and download data.
How do I import LAS files into Civil 3d?
- On the Source Data page, under Source Data, select Create A New Point Cloud Database.
- Under Select A Point Cloud File Format, select LAS.
- Under Files To Be Imported Into The New Point Cloud Database, click .
- In the Select File dialog box, navigate to the tutorial folder.
How do I open a lidar file in AutoCAD?
- In the Point Cloud ribbon tab, click Index File to display the Point Cloud Manager, or enter mappointcloudmanager at the command prompt.
- Click Add File. The Open dialog box appears.
- Select the . ISD files you want to bring in.
- Click Open. The files are added to the Point Cloud Manager.