The clipping boundary determines a portion of an image, underlay, viewport, or external reference to hide. The visibility of the clipping boundary is controlled by the FRAME system variable. The list of prompts varies depending on whether you are clipping an underlay, image, external reference, or viewport.
How do I create a clipping boundary in AutoCAD?
To Clip an Xref
- Select an xref.
- Click External Reference tab > Clipping panel > Create Clipping Boundary.
- If prompted, specify yes to delete any existing boundary.
- Select a polyline or specify a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary.
How do I hide clipping boundaries in AutoCAD?
To Show or Hide Image Boundaries
- Click Modify menu Object Image Frame.
- To hide image boundaries, enter 0; to show and plot image boundaries, enter 1; to show image boundaries but not plot them, enter 2.
How do I edit XClip boundaries in AutoCAD?
Use the PEdit command to edit the polyline. Restart the XClip command, and then use the New | Select polyline option to turn the polyline back into a clipping boundary.
Chooses the xrefs to be clipped:
- Choose one or more xrefs.
- Enter all to choose all xrefs in the current drawing.
- Press Enter to continue.
Can you trim an xref in Autocad?
Select an xref. Click External Reference tab > Clipping panel > Create Clipping Boundary. If prompted, specify yes to delete any existing boundary. Select a polyline or specify a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary.
How do I turn off xref clip boundary?
Delete. Removes a clipping boundary for the selected xref or block. To temporarily turn off a clipping boundary, use the Off option. Delete erases the clipping boundary and the clipdepth.
How do I remove boundaries from a PDF in AutoCAD?
Do the following:
- To hide frames, set the PDFFRAME system variable to 0. With this setting, the PDF underlay frame is hidden. …
- To display and plot frames, set the PDFFRAME system variable to 1. …
- To display frames without plot, set the PDFFRAME system variable to 2.
How do you delete a clipping frame in AutoCAD?
- Click Modify menu Clip Image.
- Select the clipped image with the boundary you want to delete.
- Enter d (Delete). The boundary of the clipped image is deleted, and the original boundary of the image is restored.
Can you trace images in AutoCAD?
You can trace drawings in the application by importing an image file of your drawing and using the line, arc and spline tools. A spline is a curvilinear line, and it is one of the most useful line tools when tracing an image. … Click your mouse over the image lines to trace them in the AutoCAD drawing.