The type of plot style used in a drawing is assigned when the drawing is created. One common problem that appears in AutoCAD 2000 drawings is that Named Plot Style tables (STB files) are inadvertently assigned to a drawing, and the user wants to assign Color-Dependent Plot Style tables (CTB files) instead.
What is the difference between STB and CTB in AutoCAD?
If you want to be able to open any dwg and instantly know what lines/objects are plotting at what lineweight simply by looking at the colors on your screen, ctb is the way to go. If you want to be able to set your lineweights completely independent of the color of things on your screen, the stb is the way to go.
What does CTB stand for in AutoCAD?
color-dependent, plot styles
How do I use STB files in AutoCAD?
Open the Plot Style Table Editor with any of the following methods:
- Double-click a CTB or STB file in the Plot Style Manager.
- Right-click a CTB or STB file in the Plot Style Manager, and then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- Choose Plot Style Table Editor from the Finish screen in the Add Plot Style Table wizard.
Where do CTB files go in AutoCAD?
The folder location is typically: C:Users<username>AppDataRoamingAutodeskAutoCAD <version><release No>enuPlottersPlot Styles. macOS: in the Preferences dialog > Application > Printer Support File Path > Plot Style Table Search Path.
How do I change from CTB to STB?
Convert the drawing file
- Open the file you want to convert, and enter Convertpstyles at the Command prompt. You’ll see a warning message to make sure you’ve converted a CTB file to an STB file.
- Click OK to open the Select File dialog box.
- Select the converted STB file you created using the Convertctb command.
How do I use STB plot styles?
Apply the necessary STB style to Model Space in the drawing you’re working on. Type PLOT in the Command line while in Model Space, and press Enter to open the Plot Manager for Model Space. Select the STB style from the Plot style table (pen assignments) menu, and apply it to all layouts.
How do you plot a CTB?
- Type PAGESETUP into the command line and press Enter.
- In the Page Setup Manager dialog box, select the current layout and then select Modify.
- In the Page Setup dialog box, select the desired CTB file, for example monochrome. …
- Edit CTB file.
- Assign color to the desired lines and save CTB.
What is an STB file?
STB is a binary file that stores settings for CAD software AutoCAD. STB files contain print settings based on object properties. … STB files define plot colors, greyscale. Line weight, fill style, and other plot settings.
What is a plot style?
A plot style is an object property, similar to linetype and color. A plot style can be assigned to an object or a layer. A plot style controls an object’s plotted properties, including. Color. Dither.
How do you convert STB to CTB?
Converting a drawing from STB to CTB file types
Open the drawing in AutoCAD 2000. Run the command CONVERTPSTYLES. A dialog box will appear that tells you that named plot styles will be removed from objects and layers. Click on the OK button to do this.
How do I find missing plot styles in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD Plot Style Tables Missing
- Open the affected drawing file.
- Start the PLOT command.
- Look at the Plot Style Table group in the upper-right corner of the Plot dialog box to see whether the list of available plot style tables has a CTB or STB extension. Notice in the illustration below, the list of available styles each have a STB extension.
How do I install CTB in AutoCAD?
- On the command line, type STYLESMANAGER.
- In the folder copy all CTB and STB files into this folder.
Where are AutoCAD pen settings?
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. …
- Double-click the plotter configuration (PC3) file whose pen settings you want to change.
- In the Plotter Configuration Editor, click the Device and Document Settings tab.
- Double-click Physical Pen Configuration to view the pen configuration settings.
How do you install plot styles?
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plot Styles. Find.
- Double-click the STB file you want to edit.
- In the Plot Style Table Editor, Form View tab, right-click the plot style that you want to copy. …
- Right-click a plot style. …
- In the Add Plot Style dialog box, enter the name of the plot style.
- Click Save & Close.
How do I change the assignment of a pen in AutoCAD?
To Assign a Plot Style Table to a Layout
- Click the Model tab or the layout tab to which you want to assign the plot style table.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Page Setup. …
- In Page Setup Manager, click Modify.
- Under Plot Style Table (Pen Assignments), select a plot style table from the list.