Customization (CUIx) files define elements that make up the user interface and are edited using the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor. … AutoCAD-based products have two main designations for CUIx files, main and enterprise; by default the main CUIx file is loaded.
How do I open a CUIx file in AutoCAD?
Load a Partial Customization (CUIx) File Using CUILOAD
- At the Command prompt, enter cuiload and press Enter.
- In the Load/Unload Customizations dialog box, click Browse.
- In the Select Customization File dialog box, browse to and select the partial CUIx file you want to load. Click Open.
- Click Load and then click Close.
How do I create a CUIx file in AutoCAD?
Create a Customization (CUIx) File from Scratch
- In the Transfer tab, in the right pane, click the Create a New Customization File button.
- In the right pane, select Save As from the drop-down list.
- In the Save As dialog box, specify the location to save the new customization file to and enter a name in the File Name box.
Where are CUIx files stored?
The default location for CUIx files depends on the AutoCAD version. For example: AutoCAD: C:Users<user>AppDataRoamingAutodeskAutoCAD 20xxRxx.
How do I import a CUI file into AutoCAD?
Enter CUI on the command line to open the Customize User Interface dialog box. On the Transfer tab, in the right panel, open the newly created CUI file. Select the workspace you want to import and drag the workspace into the Workspaces section of the Main CUI file in the left panel.
Where are AutoCAD customizations stored?
Customizable files are often stored in the folders that are part of your Windows or Mac OS user profile, or in a custom location, such as a network or portable drive. The Windows or Mac OS user profile is divided into two parts; local and roaming.
How do I use CUI in AutoCAD?
About the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor
- Customize. The Customize tab allows you to create and manage the commands and elements that make up many of the features in the user interface.
- Transfer. The Transfer tab allows you to create and save a CUIx file, and copy user interface elements between CUIx files.
How do I edit a CUIx file?
Modify an Enterprise Customization (CUIx) File
Take note of the current main CUIx file’s name and location as you will need to restore it later. Select the item below Main Customization Files and click Browse. In the Select a File dialog box, browse to and select the enterprise customization file. Click Open.
How do I save my AutoCAD settings?
To get AutoCAD to correctly keep its settings, do one or more of the following:
- On the command line in AutoCAD, enter the WSSETTINGS command and select Automatically save Workspace changes.
- In Options under the Profile tab, verify the correct profile is enabled.
How do I add a workspace in AutoCAD?
To Load a Saved Workspace
- Click View tab Workspaces panel Load Workspace .
- In the Load Workspace dialog box, browse to the folder containing the desired workspace, and select it.
- Click Open.
How do I export CUIx files?
Transferring a workspace in AutoCAD and AutoCAD based products
- Copy the CUIX file to the default location for the new AutoCAD version.
- Open the target version of AutoCAD.
- Enter CUI at the command line.
- Go to the Transfer tab.
- Under the Customizations in New File header, click Open and select the CUIX file in question.
How do I show the toolbar in AutoCAD 2018?
- To display the menu, click Quick Access Toolbar drop-down > Show Menu Bar.
- To display a toolbar, click Tools menu > Toolbars and select the required toolbar.
How do I reset AutoCAD to default settings?
From the AutoCAD menu, click Preferences. In Preferences, click the Application tab. Click the Reset Application Options button. Click Reset AutoCAD.3 дня назад
What is a CUI file?
Files with the CUI extension are definition files for AutoCAD menus (since version 2006). These XML format files replace the original MNU, MNS, MNC menu definition files (MNR and MNL remain unchanged).
How do you import a workspace?
To import a workspace
- On the Home page, on the left panel, clickImport Workspace. In the opened dialog, select the desired workspace file and click Open.
- In Windows File Explorer, double-click the workspace file.
How do I copy AutoCAD settings to another computer?
Import the settings into the new version of AutoCAD on the new computer:
- Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Import AutoCAD 20xx Settings.
- Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Import AutoCAD Settings.