What is orthographic view in AutoCAD?
Orthographic drawings display two-dimensional views of piping, valves, equipment, and structural steel in Plant 3D models. The drawings can have annotations, dimensions, matchlines (plan view only), pipe gaps, and can show or hide lines and objects. Here is an example showing a single view.
How do you make an orthographic view in AutoCAD?
To Create an Orthographic View (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- In the Browser, right-click the Base view icon, and then choose New View. …
- In the Create Drawing View dialog box, select the view type Ortho, and choose OK.
- Select a location for the orthographic view directly below the base view, and then press ENTER.
What does orthographic drawing mean?
The definition of an orthographic projection is a two-dimensional drawing of a three-dimensional object, using two or more additional drawings to show additional views of the object.
How many orthographic views are present in AutoCAD?
After you create a three-dimensional part, you may need to create two-dimensional orthographic views of the 3D model in order to produce working drawings. There are a number of ways to do this in AutoCAD. One of the methods uses three related tools: Solid View, Solid Drawing, and Solid Profile.
What is orthographic projection used for?
An orthographic projection is a way of representing a 3D object by using several 2D views of the object. Orthographic drawings are also known as multiviews. The most commonly used views are top, front, and right side.
What is isometric drawing in AutoCAD?
An AutoCAD isometric drawing is a 2 dimensional drawing just like a paper drawing. AutoCAD provides some tools to aid us in creating the drawing, but not very many. Mostly, we will be using the same commands that we used in creating orthographic drawings.
How do you convert orthographic to isometric in AutoCAD?
Isometric drawing in AutoCAD 2014 and older versions:
Click OK to exit drafting settings window. Now make sure ortho mode is turned on from the status bar, if it is not turned on then press F8 to turn it on. You can now select isometric plane for your drawing by pressing the F5 key.
How do you draw an orthographic drawing?
Creating an Orthographic Projection
- Choose a front view. …
- Decide how many views are needed to completely describe the object. …
- Draw the visible features of the front view.
- Draw projectors off of the front view horizontally and vertically in order to create the boundaries for the top and right side views.
- Draw the top view.
How do I create a multi view drawing in AutoCAD?
To Create Multiple Drawing Views
- In the Browser, choose the Drawing tab. …
- Double-click a Layout to make it the active layout.
- Right-click the Layout icon, and then choose New View.
- In the Create Drawing View dialog box, …
- Select the location of the projected view.
- Continue placing as many views as desired.
- Press ENTER to exit the command.
What are the advantages of orthographic drawing?
The advantages of using orthographic are: They can show hidden detail and all connecting parts. They can show all dimensions necessary for manufacture. They can be annotated to display material and finishes.
What is meant by orthographic?
orthography or-THAH-gruh-fee noun. 1 a : the art of writing words with the proper letters according to standard usage. b : the representation of the sounds of a language by written or printed symbols. 2 : a part of language study that deals with letters and spelling.
What are the principles of orthographic drawing?
Orthographic drawings are the projection of views on a drawing. It is necessary to show only enough views to show all the features. There are six basic views: top, front, bottom, back, right side and left side.
Which is the latest version of AutoCAD software?
The latest version by 2019 end is AutoCAD 2020. The latest version always includes more advanced features than the previous version. Since 2010, AutoCAD was released as a mobile application marketed as AutoCAD 360.
How do I create a line projection in AutoCAD?
To Create a Hidden Line Projection
- Open the tool palette that you want to use, and select a hidden line projection tool. …
- In a 3D view select one or more objects that you want to use to create your hidden line projection, and press Enter.
- Specify an insertion point in your current drawing for the 2D hidden line projection.