A plotter configuration file, or PC3 file, enables you to configure a plotter and to save the settings for later use. You can set up multiple configuration files for the same plotter by selecting a different configuration in the Plot dialog box.
Where are AutoCAD pc3 files located?
(By default, PC3 files are stored in the Plotters folder. To find the location of your plotter files, on the Tools menu, click Options. In the Options dialog box, Files tab, click the plus sign to the left of Printer Support File Path. Click the plus sign to the left of the Printer Configuration Search Path file.
How do I import pc3 files into AutoCAD?
To Add or Modify the PC3 File Description
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. Find.
- Double-click the plotter configuration (PC3) file whose settings you want to change.
- In the Plotter Configuration Editor, click the General tab.
- Click in the Description box.
- Add a description or modify the existing description for the PC3 file.
- Click OK.
How do you create a plotter in AutoCAD?
Select a Printer or Plotter for a Layout
Click the layout tab for which you want to specify a printer or plotter. In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify. Click Modify. In the Page Setup dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, select a printer or plotter from the list.
How do I delete a .pc3 file in AutoCAD?
Removing Duplicate files
- Navigate to the Plotters folder by entering the PLOTTERMANAGER (command) in AutoCAD to open up the Plotters folder.
- Delete the extra files ending with …a. pc3, leaving only the original PC3 file, without any suffix.
- Navigate to the PMP Files sub-folder.
- Delete the extra files ending with …a.
What are pc3 files?
A PC3 file – the short name for “Plotter Configuration Version 3” – contains settings for a particular plotter on your network. When you create a PC3 file, you’re configuring that plotter to always print in a specific way. These files contain settings such as: Graphic settings, such as Lines Overwrite or Lines Merge.
How do I change the default printer in AutoCAD 2018?
- Run Options.
- Go to Plot and Publish tab.
- Under Default plot settings for new drawings, select Use as default output device.
- Select the plotter you want as a default.
- Click OK.
How do I insert PostScript in AutoCAD?
To Plot a PostScript File
- Make sure you have configured a plotter driver for PostScript file output.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Plot. …
- In the Plot dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, in the Name box, select a PostScript format configuration.
- Select plot settings for the PostScript file as needed.
- Click OK.
How do I install a printer in AutoCAD 2007?
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. …
- Double-click the Add-a-Plotter Wizard shortcut icon.
- On the Begin page, select System Printer. …
- On the System Printer page, select the system printer for which you want to create a plotter configuration file.
How do I install EPS plotter in AutoCAD 2016?
Create Adobe EPS Virtual Plotter
To add a EPS plotter to AutoCAD you have to use the Add Plotter wizard. Select Tools > Wizards > Add Plotter… from the pull-down menu. You will see the “Add Plotter” tab, click on it. After clicking on it, a dialog box will appear, which tells you a little about the wizard.
How do I add a plotter in AutoCAD 2020?
Click the plus sign to the left of the Printer Configuration Search Path file. Under Printer Configuration Search Path, click the path name to view the location of your plotter files.) Choose Edit Plotter Configuration from within the Add-a-Plotter wizard. Choose Properties in the Page Setup dialog box.
How do you install a plotter?
Go to the Start Menu. Select Devices and Printers (if you’re running Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.1). If you’re running Windows XP, please schedule time with us to have your laptop updated. Click ‘Add a Printer’.
How do I remove a printer list in AutoCAD?
From the control panel–>Printers and Faxes, you may delete the old plotters which are not in use by all applications. If you would like to delete only the old plotter configuration files which are associated with AutoCAD and respective plotter, launch AutoCAD/AutoCAD Mechanical–>File menu–>Plotter manager.