Creates a rectangle using the area and either a length or a width. If the Chamfer or Fillet option is active, the area includes the effect of the chamfers or fillets on the corners of the rectangle. Dimensions. Creates a rectangle using length and width values.
How do you use the rectangle command in AutoCAD?
To create a rectangle using dimensions:
- On the command line, enter rectangle.
- Specify the coordinate location for the first corner point.
- Enter d to select the Dimensions option.
- Enter a numeric value to specify the length for the rectangle. …
- Enter a numeric value to specify the width for the rectangle.
What is the command for rectangle?
Type Rec or Rectangle in the command line and press Enter. Type W or Width and press Enter. Specify the line width for the rectangle. For example, 1.
How do you dimension a rectangle in AutoCAD?
By Length and Width
- Click Home tab > Draw panel > Rectangle. Find.
- Specify the first corner of the rectangle.
- Enter D for Dimensions.
- Enter the length.
- Enter the width.
- Specify the other corner. Note: You are restricted by the length and width values.
What is the best way of drawing a rectangle?
- Draw a straight, horizontal line using a ruler. …
- Make a shorter vertical line coming down from one end of the first line. …
- Draw a horizontal line coming off the bottom end of the vertical line. …
- Draw a vertical line between the ends of the two horizontal lines. …
- Color in your rectangle to make it pop.
How many AutoCAD objects are in a rectangle?
How many points do you need to define the rectangle command?
What does the Explode command do?
Breaks a compound object into its component objects. Explodes a compound object when you want to modify its components separately. Objects that can be exploded include blocks, polylines, and regions, among others. The color, linetype, and lineweight of any exploded object might change.
What command do you use to scale a viewport?
Do one of the following:
- Type S in the command bar, then press Enter.
- Choose Scale viewports in the prompt menu.
What are the advantages of AutoCAD?
8 Advantages of AutoCAD
- Draw to Scale. One of the main benefits of AutoCAD is that it allows you to draw to scale. …
- Easy Layout and Viewing. …
- Draw Accurately. …
- Make Changes Easily and Reduce Risk of Error. …
- Identify Design Problems. …
- Calculate Material Quantities for Production. …
- Store and Transfer Data Safely. …
- Save Time and Money.
How do you set dimensions in AutoCAD?
Create a Baseline Dimension
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Baseline. …
- If prompted, select the base dimension. …
- Use an object snap to select the second extension line origin, or press Enter to select any dimension as the base dimension. …
- Use an object snap to specify the next extension line origin.
What does AutoCAD stand for?
Automatical Computer Aided Design
How do I resize a block in AutoCAD?
- Using the Select Objects tool click on the CAD block to select it, then click the Open Object. edit button.
- On the General panel of the CAD Block Specification dialog: Specify both the Height Factor and Width Factor as 1 in the Size section. Click OK to close the dialog and apply your change.
Which command allows you to make the rectangle or square?
Type REC in the command line & press Enter. 2. Click on the screen anywhere & type @500,500 for draw square. If you want to draw a rectangle with dimension 500,300 then type @500,300 instead of @500,500 as shown in pic-1.