Revit checks for any changes that require synchronizing with central: If there are no changes to the model elements, ownership of the worksets and borrowed elements is relinquished. A dialog does not display. If there are changes, ownership status does not change. You still own any model elements you modified.
What does relinquish mean in Revit?
Relinquish the ownership of model elements for another user so that other users can work on those elements. When another user who owns model elements is not available to relinquish those elements, you can force the relinquishment of those elements.
How do you force relinquish in Revit 2020?
Click Collaborate tab Manage Models panel (Manage Cloud Models). Select a BIM 360 project. Select a model, click (Actions), and click Relinquish. Select the user for whom you want to relinquish elements, and click Relinquish.
How do you relinquish and Revit sync?
Relinquish Ownership without Synchronize with Central
- With the local model open, click Collaborate tab Synchronize panel (Relinquish All Mine). Revit checks for any changes that require synchronizing with central: …
- Click Close to close the dialog, if one displays.
What is worksharing monitor for Revit?
Worksharing Monitor facilitates the use of Revit software in a file-based worksharing environment, in which multiple people work on one project. Worksharing Monitor is available to Revit Autodesk subscribers.
How do I change my username in Revit?
Therefore, if you change the user name in Revit, that user name is used regardless of who is actually logged on to Windows.
- Click File tab Options.
- Click the General tab.
- For Username, specify the user name.
- Click OK.
How do you change ownership in Revit?
Start Revit and close any open project. Click the File tab > Options.
- Create a new local file (using the newly changed username).
- Synchronize the new local file with the central model.
- Use the Relinquish All Mine command (on the Collaborate Ribbon Tab).
- Close the local model.
How do I open the central model in Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.
How do I create a detached model in Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.
How can you turn a temporary dimension into a permanent dimension?
You can convert temporary dimensions to permanent dimensions so they always appear in a drawing.
- Select an element in the drawing area.
- Click the dimension symbol that appears near the temporary dimension.
How do I sync Revit models?
Open your model in Revit that corresponds with the model data in Assemble to be synced. Select the Assemble tab, and then select the option to Sync.
How do I sync Revit files?
To save your changes locally, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S. To save your changes to the central model using the current settings, click the Collaborate tab > Synchronize panel > Synchronize with Central drop-down > Synchronize Now.
Why is my Revit file not saving?
The local file is outdated or was not synchronized for a period. The central file had many changes invalidating the local file. … Revit stores the location of the central file, and if opened and saved by another member at a different location, the central file is updated.