A model documentation section view is a projected view from an existing drawing view, where you use a section line to cut through the drawing view in order to reveal what is inside. The illustrations below show the different entities generated by the VIEWSECTION command, and the terms used to refer to them.
What is an assembly drawing in AutoCAD?
After the detailed views are drawn, you can create the assembly drawings. These drawings are created by combining views from the detailed drawings to show how the parts are assembled.
What is a section line in AutoCAD?
The section line acts as a cutting plane, slicing a section from the building model.14 мая 2019 г.
Can we do assembly in Autocad?
To create and use assemblies
- In a drawing, place the plant objects you want in an assembly.
- At the Command prompt, enter wblock.
- In the Write Block dialog box, select Objects.
- Click Select Objects.
- In the drawing, select the objects that make up the assembly. …
- In the Write Block dialog box, do the following:
How do you create a section in CAD?
- Draw a section line in the drawing.
- Select the section line, and click Building Section Line tab Modify panel Generate Section.
- Select the type of section object you want to create: …
- For Style to Generate, select a style for a 2D section.
What is Section plan?
A section plan is a vertical slice drawings showing the internal features of your property. It is similar to an elevation plan, however, it shows the internal features of the property. … The section plan is usually combined with other plans on a measured building survey. This can include floor plans, elevations, etc…
How do you plan elevation?
To draw the initial baseline for the main floor,
- Using your floor plan drawings and starting at the extreme left end of any walls on this side of the house on the ground floor, measure the horizontal distance of this wall. …
- Draw a faint line the same length of this wall towards the bottom left third of your page.
What is a building section?
A building section, a section drawing, section or a sectional drawing is known by all these different names but basically, presents the view of a building’s structure in a way that it looks like it had been cut and sliced in half along an imaginary plane.
What are the 7 types of section views?
Types of Sectional Views
- Full Section. If the imaginary cutting plane passes through the entire object, splitting the drawn object in two with the interior of the object revealed, this is called a “full section.” A full section is the most widely-used sectional view.
- Half View. …
- Offset View. …
- Revolving View. …
- Broken View.
What is section line in drawing?
Section lines are very light. When sketching an object or part that requires a sectional view, they are drawn by eye at an angle of approximately 45 degrees, and are spaced about 1/8” apart. Since they are used to set off a section, they must be drawn with care.
What is a cross section drawing?
In technical drawing a cross-section, being a projection of an object onto a plane that intersects it, is a common tool used to depict the internal arrangement of a 3-dimensional object in two dimensions.