Creates new 3D solids and surfaces by slicing, or dividing, existing objects. Find. The cutting plane is defined with 2 or 3 points by specifying a major plane of the UCS, or by selecting a planar or a surface object (but not a mesh). One or both sides of the sliced objects can be retained.
How do you cut in AutoCAD?
To Trim an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Trim. Find.
- Select the objects to serve as cutting edges. Press Enter when you finish selecting the cutting edges. …
- Select the objects to trim and press Enter a second time when you finish selecting the objects to trim.
What is Region Command in AutoCAD?
Converts objects that enclose an area into a 2D region object. Find. Regions are 2D areas that you create from closed planar loops of objects. Valid objects include polylines, lines, circular arcs, circles, elliptical arcs, ellipses, and splines. Each closed loop is converted into a separate region.
How do you cut extrude in AutoCAD?
Create Cut Extrusion
- Use the View Cube to change your view so that the sketch is visible.
- Click the Extrude command , and then click inside the inner loop of the sketch. …
- In the Extents field of the Extrude dialog box, select To Next from the drop-down menu. …
- In the Extrude dialog box, or from the mini-toolbar, click Cut.
How do you cut a 3d solid in AutoCAD?
Slice a 3D Solid or Surface With a Cutting Plane
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Slice. Find.
- Select the 3D solid or surface objects to slice. Press Enter.
- Specify two points to define the cutting plane.
- Specify which side of the sliced object to retain, or enter b (Both) to retain both sides.
How do you cut blocks in AutoCAD?
To clip a block, start the XCLIP command by entering it at the command line or selecting Xref from the Modify menu > Clip. Select the block and follow the prompts to create a new boundary that should be used to clip the block.
How do you use regions in Autocad?
- Click Home tab Draw panel Region. Find.
- Select objects to create the region. These objects must each form an enclosed area, such as a circle or a closed polyline.
- Press Enter. A message at the Command prompt indicates how many loops were detected and how many regions were created.
How do I change the region in Autocad?
Use a Union to Combine Regions
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Union. Find.
- Select one region for the union.
- Select another region. You can select regions to unite in any order.
- Continue selecting regions or press Enter to end the command. The command converts the selected regions to a new combined region.
How do I calculate mass in Autocad?
Calculate Mass Properties
With the MASSPROP command, you can analyze 2D regions and 3D solids for their mass properties including volume, area, moments of inertia, center of gravity, and so on. The result of the computations can be saved to a text file.
How do I fill a 3d hole in AutoCAD?
I found out that if you hold down CTRL it will allow you to select specific sides/faces of a 3D Solid. So I filled the hole by just holding down ctrl and selecting the inside face of the hole and pressing delete!
How do you make a hollow box in AutoCAD?
To create a hollow solid:
- Click Solid tab > Feature panel > Hollow to display the Hollow Solid dialog:
- Use the dialog to remove a face of a solid and offset it to create a hollow solid.
- Move the cursor over a solid. …
- Click the face of the solid you want to remove to highlight it.