To enable or disable the Quick Properties palette, enter command QPMODE within the command line and hit enter or use shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + P. In the command line you will be prompted to enter a new value. Note the value you enter dictates whether the Quick Properties palette appears or not when an object is selected.
What are quick properties in AutoCAD?
Quick Properties is a popup that displays when you select an object in AutoCAD. This gives a short list of the Objects Properties.
How do I get my properties bar back in AutoCAD?
Click the Customize Workspace button on the right. Expand Palettes and select Properties. Change the appearance settings to: Show: Yes.
How do I turn on dynamic input in Autocad?
Right-click on the dynamic input button in the status bar and choose “Dynamic Input Settings.”
- Press the F12 key to toggle Dynamic Input on and off.
- Change the DYNMODE variable to 1 for on, or 0 for off.
- Toggle the dynamic input icon in the lower-left or lower-right corner of the program:
How do I select a color in CAD?
Press and hold Ctrl as you click a face on a 3D solid. If the Properties palette is not displayed, select any object. Right-click the object and select Properties. In the Properties palette, under General, click the Color arrow and select a color from the list.
How do you select multiple items without shifting in AutoCAD?
Go to the File – Options and select the icon for multiple objects selection. Once ticked, you can slect the multiple objects without pressing and holding the shift key.
How do I keep quick properties in AutoCAD?
- Toggle Quick Properties on or off using CTRL-SHIFT-P.
- Set the system variable QPMODE value to 0 (zero) or -1 to disable.
How do I unhide layer properties in AutoCAD?
Hide or show layers in an AutoCAD drawing
- Right-click the CAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties.
- Click the Layer tab.
- Select the layer, and click the Visible field.
How many types of object property exist AutoCAD?
Every object has general properties including its layer, color, linetype, linetype scale, lineweight, transparency, and plot style.
How do I change properties in AutoCAD?
Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties. Click the Layer tab.
Change AutoCAD layer properties
- Clicking the word Yes changes it to No.
- Clicking a color will open the Colors dialog, where you can specify a different color.
- Clicking the line weight lets you specify a new weight.
What is common to freeze and lock options in layers?
If you plan to switch between visible and invisible states frequently, use the On/Off setting. You can freeze layers in all viewports, in the current layout viewport, or in new layout viewports as they are created. Locks and unlocks the layers. You cannot edit objects on a locked layer.