If this option is selected, the palette window can be docked when you drag it over a docking area at the side of the application window. A docked window adheres to the side of the application window and causes the drawing area to be resized. Selecting this option also makes Anchor Right and Anchor Left available.
When using palettes in AutoCAD Why would you dock a palette and then use the Auto Hide function?
Auto-hide Docked Palettes
Auto-hide affects all docked palettes. The title bar for each docked palette remains visible. Mouse over the title bar for the palette you want to show, and the palette automatically expands.
How do you dock tool palettes in AutoCAD?
To Dock the Tool Palette Set
- On the title bar of the tool palette set, click (Properties), and then click Allow Docking.
- Click the title bar, and then drag the tool palette set to one side of your screen. …
- Release the mouse button when the tool palette set is in the location that you want.
How do you dock properties in AutoCAD?
Dock a Window or Palette
- Right-click the title bar and select Allow Docking.
- Click and drag the window or palette to a docking location on the right or left edge of the drawing area.
- When the outline of the window is displayed in the docking area, release the button.
What is Palette in AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD, tool palettes provide you with a combined method of accessing tools. … Tool palettes can consist of commonly used blocks, hatch patterns, and commands. AutoCAD comes with many default tool palette categories that can be expanded or customized, allowing you to create one for your own needs.
How do you inscribe a square in a circle in AutoCAD?
- Click Drafting tab > Draw panel > Rectangle drop-down > Polygon.
- At the Command prompt, enter the number of sides.
- Specify the center of the polygon.
- Enter i to specify a polygon inscribed within a circle of specified points.
- Enter the radius length.
What are the tools of AutoCAD?
AutoCAD has a whole range of modify tools; this chapter will explain the most commonly used.
- Offset. Offset (o) Create a duplicate object parallel with the original object. …
- Trim. Trim (tr) …
- Extend. Extend (ex) …
- Move. Move (m) …
- Rotate. Rotate (ro) …
- Copy. Copy (co) …
- Mirror. Mirror (mi) …
- Scale. Scale (sc)
How do I open a palette in AutoCAD?
Palette Display Position (X, Y) is Off-Screen
- Enter CUI on the command line.
- Select the workspace on the left.
- Click the Customize Workspace button on the right.
- Expand Palettes and select Properties.
- Change the appearance settings to: Show: Do not change. …
- Click the Done button at the top and then click OK.
Where is the Properties palette AutoCAD?
Select your workspace on the left. Click the Customize Workspace button on the right. Expand Palettes and select Properties.