Re: Xref Plot Scale List removal. If you simply want to restore the standard scales, then type -SCALELISTEDIT at the command prompt (notice the minus sign in front). Follow the prompts at the command line to reset the scale list. This will remove all scales & install the standard AutoCAD scales.
How do I get rid of excess scales in AutoCAD?
If for some reason a drawing will not allow annotation scales to be removed by the above processes:
- Use SAVEAS and resave in DXF format.
- Close the DWG file and open the DXF file.
- Enter the -PURGE > Regapps command.
- Enter the PURGE command, select all checkboxes, click OK.
- Use the AUDIT command.
- Resave to DWG format.
How do you get rid of xref borders in AutoCAD?
Delete. Removes a clipping boundary for the selected xref or block. To temporarily turn off a clipping boundary, use the Off option. Delete erases the clipping boundary and the clipdepth.
How do you resolve an xref in AutoCAD?
Troubleshoot the file location
Make sure the folder containing the drawings is unzipped. Move or copy the xref files into the same directory as the DWG which is calling them. Change permissions to provide full read/write access to the location of the referenced files.
How do I fix scale in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Annotation panel Dimension Style. Find.
- In the Dimension Style Manager, select the style you want to change. Click Modify.
- In Modify Dimension Style dialog box, Fit tab, under Scale for Dimension Features, enter a value for the overall scale.
- Click OK.
- Click Close to exit the Dimension Style Manager.
How do I change the annotation scale in Autocad 2018?
- Enter QVDRAWING on the command line.
- The Quick view model and layout thumbnails are displayed.
- Click the Model thumbnail.
- On the status bar, click the Annotation Scale drop-down list and select the scale to set current.
How do you remove annotative block scale?
Select the block and go to block editor. Without selecting any objects in the editor go to the properties pallet and under the block sub section one can find annotative option. Using the drop down menu under it select “NO”.
How do I hide a viewport border in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I remove a border in AutoCAD?
To Show or Hide Image Boundaries
- Click Modify menu Object Image Frame.
- To hide image boundaries, enter 0; to show and plot image boundaries, enter 1; to show image boundaries but not plot them, enter 2.
How do I turn on the viewport frame in AutoCAD?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do I replace one xref with another?
- Click View tab Palettes panel External References Palette. Find.
- In the External References palette, select a DWG reference name.
- Under Saved Path, do one of the following: Edit the xref path directly. …
- Click OK. The program reloads the xref and then regenerates the drawing with the xref in place.
What does unresolved xref mean?
If you open a master DWG drawing with xref s placed on a network drive and some xref s are reported as “unresolved”, it can be caused by the following: the referenced file was not found in a given path – your share was renamed, the relative path does not match, or the file is temporarily unavailable on the network.
How do you make an xref relative path?
Set an Xref Path to Be Relative or Absolute
- Display the External References palette.
- Display the path options using one of the following methods: In the File References pane, right-click the reference name. In the Details panel, click the Browse button. …
- Select one of the following options: Path Make Relative.
What is AutoCAD scale?
Scale Factor. Multiplies the dimensions of the selected objects by the specified scale. A scale factor greater than 1 enlarges the objects. A scale factor between 0 and 1 shrinks the objects. You can also drag the cursor to make the object larger or smaller.
How does AutoCAD calculate scale?
Select the border of the scale area for editing.
- Click View tab Viewports panel Scale Monitor. Find. The Scale Monitor dialog box is displayed.
- In the drawing area, move the cursor over the scale area (or a viewport ) and check the Scale Monitor dialog box.
- Press ENTER to exit this command.
What is AutoCAD annotation scale?
Annotation scaling is a new feature in AutoCAD that lets you place Dimensions, Multileaders, Blocks and hatches in Model space, and have them scale to the right size to suit a Paper space Viewport.