How do you create a viewport in Revit?
Create a Viewport Type
- Open a sheet.
- Select a viewport or view title for a view on the sheet.
- On the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- In the Name dialog, enter a name for the new viewport type, and click OK.
- Complete the parameters for the viewport type.
- Click OK.
How do you edit a sheet view in Revit?
Modify a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- In the drawing area, select a view on the sheet. …
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Viewport panel (Activate View). …
- Modify the view as desired. …
- To deactivate the view on the sheet, double-click outside of the view, or right-click, and click Deactivate View.
Why can’t I select a view on a sheet in Revit?
Causes: The viewport is hidden. When selecting a view placed onto a sheet, the viewport is selected. If you select to hide it, the geometry of the view is not hidden, but the outline and title are hidden (preventing the viewport from being selected or activated).
How do you make a 3D view on a sheet in Revit?
Create a Perspective 3D View
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.
How do you create a scheduled sheet in Revit?
Create a Sheet List
- In a project, click View tab Create panel Schedules drop-down (Sheet List).
- On the Fields tab of the Sheet List Properties dialog, select the fields to include in the sheet list.
- (Optional) To create user-defined fields, click Add Parameter.
How do you create a layout in Revit?
Create a Plan View
- Click View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down, and then click. (Floor Plan) …
- In the New Plan dialog: For Type, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type. …
- Click OK.
How do you crop a sheet view in Revit?
To crop a viewport:
- Select the viewport.
- Select the command. …
- Click Crop to enter Edit Crop mode.
- Create a 2D object such as a rectangle, circle, or polyline. …
- Click Exit Viewport Crop to return to the sheet layer or design layer.
- The cropped viewport displays; in the Object Info palette, the Crop status changes to Yes.
How do I create a sheet in Revit 2021?
Add a Sheet
- Open the project.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Sheet).
- Select a title block, as follows: In the New Sheet dialog, select a title block from the list. …
- Enter information in the title block of the sheet.
- Add views to the sheet.
- Change the default number and name that Revit assigned to the sheet.
How do I edit a viewport family?
Right-click the name of the view title type to modify, and click Edit. Click Open (Family). Navigate to the location of the view title type (RFA) file. Select the file, and click Open.
How do I show hidden elements in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Click Modify | <Element> tab Reveal Hidden Elements panel (Unhide Element) or (Unhide Category).
- Right-click the element, and click Unhide in View Elements or Category.
How do you unlock a viewport in Revit?
Select the view to lock in place on the sheet. Click Modify | Viewports tab Modify panel (Pin). The pin icon displays on the view, indicating that it is locked in place.
How do you select a view in Revit?
You can specify the view that Revit displays by default when a particular model is opened.
Specify the Starting View for a Model
- Open the model.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel Starting View.
- In the Starting View dialog, specify the starting view, and click OK.
How do you add a 3D view to a worksheet?
To add a view to the sheet, use one of the following methods:
- In the Project Browser, expand the list of views, locate the view, and drag it onto the sheet.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Place View). In the Views dialog, select a view, and click Add View to Sheet.
Can you save a 3D view in Revit?
Use the SteeringWheels tool to save a view. If SteeringWheels are not displayed in the drawing area, click (Full Navigation Wheel) on the navigation bar. Right-click the SteeringWheels, and click Save View. Enter a name for the new 3D view, and click OK.