Why can’t I join two polylines in AutoCAD?
One of the reasons why we can’t join our polylines is because they have different elevations. In this case, we just have to make their elevations equal. If you are using AutoCAD 2013 or older, you could have problems with the objects.
How do you make a 2D polyline 3D?
To Convert 3D Polylines to 2D
- Click Modify tab Design panel Convert 3D To 2D Polylines Find.
- Select the polyline(s) to convert. Press Enter.
How do I convert multiple lines to a polyline?
Converting Line to Polyline
Type PE on the command line and press Enter to start polyline edit command, the command line will prompt you to select objects for making changes. Click on the object which you want to change to polyline, you can also select multiple objects by selecting Multiple from the command prompt.
How do you combine objects in CAD?
To Join Objects
- Click Home tab Modify panel Join. Find.
- Select a source object or select multiple objects to join together.
- Valid objects include lines, arcs, elliptical arcs, polylines, 3D polylines, and splines.
What does flatten command do in AutoCAD?
FLATTEN creates a 2D representation of selected objects and projects them onto the current viewing plane. FLATTEN results in 2D objects that retain their original layers, linetypes, colors and object types where possible.
How do you convert a 3D polyline to a 2D polyline?
Use the Convert 3D To 2D Polylines command to convert 3D to 2D polylines. The new polyline will take on the elevation of the start point of the 3D polyline. Click Modify tab Design panel Convert 3D To 2D Polylines Find. Select the polyline(s) to convert.
How do you make a 2D polyline in AutoCAD?
How do you use Pline in AutoCAD?
- Click PLINE.
- Specify the first point of the polyline.
- Specify the endpoint of the first segment.
- Continue specifying segments as needed. …
- Press Enter to end the command, or choose Close Shape to close the polyline to its original start point.