Create Multi Line text and select it to open the text’s contextual ribbon. On the Style tab select the Mask button. The Background Mask dialog box will allow you to choose whether to use a background mask or not as well as what color it will be (or the same color as the drawing background color).
How do I change the background color of a mask in AutoCAD?
Provides a background that is the same color as the background of the drawing. Specifies a color for the opaque background. You can select one of the colors in the list or click Select Color to open the Select Color dialog box.
How do you change the background in AutoCAD?
To Change the Background and Other Color Settings
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Display tab, click Colors.
- In the Drawing Window Colors dialog box, select the context and the interface element that you want to change.
- On the Color list, select the color that you want to use.
How do you mask in AutoCAD?
To Mask a Drawing Area
- Click Annotate tab Markup panel Wipeout. Find.
- Specify points in a sequence that defines the perimeter of the area to be masked. You can also enter p and click an existing polyline to use. The polyline must be closed, contain line segments only, and have zero width.
- Press Enter to end the command.
What is the best background color for AutoCAD?
The answer is to use a ‘nearly black’ gray background. For example a red-green-blue triplet of 70,70,70 is about optimum. The nearest colour index on the ACAD wheel is 251. For most types of drawing you should be able to work all day without getting tired eyes.
How do I get rid of the white background in AutoCAD?
- Select the image.
- Right-click the image. Click Properties.
- In the Properties palette, select Transparency.
- Click the down arrow at the right of the box and select Yes.
How do you erase a block in Autocad?
Select the block reference, right-click, and open it in the Block Editor. Use the WIPEOUT command and draw a wipeout to fill the background of the keynote area. Select the wipeout, right-click, and choose Basic Modify Tools > Display Order > Send to Back. Save the block reference and close the Block Editor.
What is the wipeout command in Autocad?
Creates a polygonal area that masks underlying objects with the current background color. The wipeout area is bounded by a frame that you can turn on or off. You can also choose to display the frame on screen and have it hidden for plotting.
How do I hide part of a drawing in Autocad?
If you are interested in hiding only certain components from drawings then you can use hide option from the contextual menu. Select objects that you want to hide from drawing then right click to bring the contextual menu and select Isolate then Hide objects.
Why is my AutoCAD background white?
On the command line in AutoCAD, type OPTIONS. In Options, click the Display tab and then the Colors button. Choose 2D model space and Uniform background (selected by default). Click the Color drop-down menu and select the desired color.
How do you change model space to white?
To Change the Background Color of the Drawing Area in Model Space
- In the Application menu, click Preferences.
- In the Application Preferences dialog box, left column, click Look & Feel.
- Under Interface Theme, click in the Model box, and then click a color, or click Select Color. …
- If you clicked Select Color, the Color Palette dialog box is displayed. …
- Click OK.
How do I change the color of the grid in AutoCAD?
- Select the layout grid that you want to change, right-click, and click Edit Object Display.
- In the Object Display dialog box, click the Display Properties tab. …
- Select the display representation where you want the changes to appear, and select Object Override. …
- Click the Layer/Color/Linetype tab.