Under the View tab on the Ribbon move to the Model Viewports panel as shown above. Click the dropdown for Viewport Configurations as shown above. You will have several different pre-configured options to select from as shown. Select your desired view to split your views in model space.
How do I view multiple views in AutoCAD?
To Create Multiple Drawing Views (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- In the Browser, choose the Drawing tab. …
- Double-click a Layout to make it the active layout.
- Right-click the Layout icon, and then choose New View.
- In the Create Drawing View dialog box, …
- Select the location of the projected view.
How do I view all drawings in AutoCAD?
- On the command line in AutoCAD, enter TASKBAR.
- Change the value to 1 to display a separate taskbar item for each open drawing. Entering 0 displays only the name of the current drawing.
How do I view side by side in AutoCAD?
View separate drawings side-by-side
When double-clicking a DWG file in Windows, the drawing opens in AutoCAD. Then, launch a second instance of AutoCAD from the Start menu or desktop shortcut and use the OPEN command to open a second drawing. This will allow to position the two AutoCAD instances side by side.
How can I view AutoCAD 3D files?
To Display a Preset 3D View
- Click View tab Views panel View Manager. Find. The View tab is not displayed by default, so an alternative method is to enter VIEW at the Command prompt. You can also employ the ViewCube in the top-right corner of the drawing area.
- Select a preset view (Top, Bottom, Left, and so on).
How do I change the view layout in AutoCAD?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
What is the View command in AutoCAD?
Saves and restores named model space views, layout views, and preset views. The View Manager is displayed. Note: The VIEW command cannot be used transparently.
What is AutoCAD extent?
Extents – define the minimum box that contains all geometry in an AutoCAD drawing. You can zoom extents in model space, in a viewport, or in paper space.
How do I find lost drawings in AutoCAD?
To recover an autosave file:
- Open the Temp folder by typing %tmp% into the Start menu.
- Look for a file with the same name of the one to recover, a time stamp code, and an SV$ extension.
- Change the SV$ extension to DWG.
- Open the file in AutoCAD.