How do you stretch multiple items in AutoCAD?
To Stretch Multiple Objects Using Grips
- Select several objects to stretch.
- Hold down Shift and click several grips so that they are highlighted.
- Release Shift and select a grip as the base grip by clicking the grip.
- Move the pointing device and click.
How do you stretch objects in AutoCAD?
To Stretch an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Stretch. Find.
- Select the object using a crossing window selection. The crossing window must include at least one vertex or endpoint.
- Do one of the following: Enter the displacement in the form of a relative Cartesian, polar, cylindrical, or spherical coordinate.
What is the difference between stretch and extend command in AutoCAD?
The two commands are very different. Extends objects to meet the edges of other objects. Select several objects to stretch. The command line will prompt you for information and this is the easiest way to find out how a new command works.
What method do you use for selecting objects to stretch?
Specifies the portion of the object that you want to stretch. Use the cpolygon option or the crossing object selection method. Press Enter when the selection is complete. STRETCH moves only the vertices and endpoints that lie inside the crossing selection, leaving those outside unchanged.
What is stretch command?
The Stretch command in AutoCAD 2014 is powerful: It can stretch or move objects, or stretch some and move others at the same time, depending on how you select them. The key to using Stretch is specifying a crossing selection box properly. … The Stretch command starts, and AutoCAD prompts you to select objects.
How do you use Extend command?
- Boundary Object Selection. Uses the selected objects to define the boundary edges to which you want to extend an object.
- Object to Extend. Specifies the objects to extend. …
- Shift-Select to Trim. Trims the selected objects to the nearest boundary rather than extending them. …
- Fence. …
- Crossing. …
- Project. …
- Edge. …
What does AutoCAD stand for?
it is comprised of 2 words Auto and CAD. AUTO stands here for AUTODESK ,an american company (parent company of autocad) CAD stands here for computer aided drafting or design as this software is used mainly for drafting but also has some designing features.
What is the difference between TRim and extend command?
Extending operates the same way as trimming. You can extend objects so they end precisely at boundary edges defined by other objects. In this example, you extend the lines precisely to a circle, which is the boundary edge.