CTB, or color-dependent, plot styles are settings for how the 256 available colors in AutoCAD will appear when you plot them, including the lineweight assigned to each color.
What is the difference between STB and CTB in AutoCAD?
If you want to be able to open any dwg and instantly know what lines/objects are plotting at what lineweight simply by looking at the colors on your screen, ctb is the way to go. If you want to be able to set your lineweights completely independent of the color of things on your screen, the stb is the way to go.
How do I insert a CTB in AutoCAD?
Open the Plot Style Table Editor with any of the following methods:
- Double-click a CTB or STB file in the Plot Style Manager.
- Right-click a CTB or STB file in the Plot Style Manager, and then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- Choose Plot Style Table Editor from the Finish screen in the Add Plot Style Table wizard.
What is CTB and STB in AutoCAD?
A CTB is a colour-dependent plot style table that uses an object’s colour to determine characteristics such as lineweights. … There are 256 plot styles in a colour-dependent plot style table, one for each colour. A STB is a Named Plot Style table.
Where is plot style in AutoCAD?
To Find Plot Style Files
- Click the Application menu Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Files tab, click the plus sign (+) to the left of Printer Support File Path.
- Click the plus sign (+) to the left of the Plot Style Table Search Path. The locations the program looks in for plot style files are displayed.
How do I get a CTB?
- Type PAGESETUP into the command line and press Enter.
- In the Page Setup Manager dialog box, select the current layout and then select Modify.
- In the Page Setup dialog box, select the desired CTB file, for example monochrome. …
- Edit CTB file.
- Assign color to the desired lines and save CTB.
How do I change from CTB to STB?
Convert the drawing file
- Open the file you want to convert, and enter Convertpstyles at the Command prompt. You’ll see a warning message to make sure you’ve converted a CTB file to an STB file.
- Click OK to open the Select File dialog box.
- Select the converted STB file you created using the Convertctb command.
What is a plot style AutoCAD?
A plot style is an object property, similar to linetype and color. A plot style can be assigned to an object or a layer. A plot style controls an object’s plotted properties, including. Color. Dither.
What is a CTB file?
File used by AutoCAD, a CAD program used for 2D and 3D drawing; contains color-based plot styles, or mappings of colors to layers of objects; used to attach color and display settings to design objects. CTB files may be converted to STB files using AutoCAD. …
How do you add a plot style?
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plot Styles. Find.
- Double-click the STB file you want to edit.
- In the Plot Style Table Editor, Form View tab, right-click the plot style that you want to copy. …
- Right-click a plot style. …
- In the Add Plot Style dialog box, enter the name of the plot style.
- Click Save & Close.
What is an STB file?
STB is a binary file that stores settings for CAD software AutoCAD. STB files contain print settings based on object properties. … STB files define plot colors, greyscale. Line weight, fill style, and other plot settings.
How do I convert STB to CTB?
Converting a drawing from STB to CTB file types
Open the drawing in AutoCAD 2000. Run the command CONVERTPSTYLES. A dialog box will appear that tells you that named plot styles will be removed from objects and layers. Click on the OK button to do this.
How do I use STB plot styles?
Apply the necessary STB style to Model Space in the drawing you’re working on. Type PLOT in the Command line while in Model Space, and press Enter to open the Plot Manager for Model Space. Select the STB style from the Plot style table (pen assignments) menu, and apply it to all layouts.
How do you plot in AutoCAD?
To Plot a Drawing
- Click Output tab Plot panel Plot. Find.
- Select a plotter.
- Select paper size, plot area, plot scale, orientation and other options.
- For additional options, click the More Options button.
How do I change the plot style in AutoCAD?
To Edit Plot Style Settings
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plot Styles. …
- Double-click the plot style table file you want to modify.
- In the Plot Style Table Editor, Form View tab, under Plot Styles, select the plot style you want to modify.
- Under Properties, click the arrow next to the property you want to change.
How do I find missing plot styles in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD Plot Style Tables Missing
- Open the affected drawing file.
- Start the PLOT command.
- Look at the Plot Style Table group in the upper-right corner of the Plot dialog box to see whether the list of available plot style tables has a CTB or STB extension. Notice in the illustration below, the list of available styles each have a STB extension.