Enlarges or reduces selected objects, keeping the proportions of the object the same after scaling. To scale an object, specify a base point and a scale factor. The base point acts as the center of the scaling operation and remains stationary.
What is the command for scale?
The SCale command uniformly scales — enlarges or reduces — objects up or down by a factor that you specify. Here’s how it works: Press Esc to make sure that no command is active and no objects are selected. Click the Scale button on the Home tab’s Modify panel, or enter SC and press Enter.
How do I use the scale command in AutoCAD 2020?
To Scale an Object by Reference
- Click Home tab Modify panel Scale. Find.
- Select the object to scale.
- Select the base point.
- Enter r (Reference).
- Select the first and second reference points, or enter a value for the reference length.
What is AutoCAD scale?
Scale Factor. Multiplies the dimensions of the selected objects by the specified scale. A scale factor greater than 1 enlarges the objects. A scale factor between 0 and 1 shrinks the objects. You can also drag the cursor to make the object larger or smaller.
What is the scale factor for 1 20?
1″ = 20′ Multiply the feet by 12. 20 x 12 = Scale Factor 240.
How do you calculate scale?
To scale an object to a smaller size, you simply divide each dimension by the required scale factor. For example, if you would like to apply a scale factor of 1:6 and the length of the item is 60 cm, you simply divide 60 / 6 = 10 cm to get the new dimension.
How do you set dimension styles in AutoCAD?
To Create a Dimension Style
- Click Home tab Annotation panel Dimension Style. …
- In the Dimension Style Manager, click New.
- In the Create New Dimension Style dialog box, enter a name for the new dimension style, and click Continue.
How do I scale a layout in AutoCAD?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do you find the scale in AutoCAD?
To Check the Scale of a Scale Area or Viewport (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- Click View tab Viewports panel Scale Monitor. Find. The Scale Monitor dialog box is displayed.
- In the drawing area, move the cursor over the scale area (or a viewport ) and check the Scale Monitor dialog box.
- Press ENTER to exit this command.