How do I open a KMZ file in Revit?
Import KML/KMZ, Build, and Publish Model
- In Revit, click New Project.
- Expand Views (all) and select Site.
- Click Add-Ins tab Globe Link panel Import drop-down Import Google Earth File (KML/KMZ).
- Navigate to the KML or KMZ file in the Import dialog, and click OK.
How do you insert a 3D image in Revit?
Place a decal in a 2D view or a 3D orthographic view.
- In a Revit project, open a 2D view or a 3D orthographic view. …
- Click Insert tab Link panel Decal drop-down (Place Decal). …
- From the Type Selector, select the type of decal to place in the view.
How do I create a Revit site?
Create the Site Plan
- Define site settings. …
- Create the toposurface. …
- Rotate the project to True North. …
- Specify property lines. …
- Add a building pad. …
- Grade the toposurface. …
- Create parking lots, roads, and sidewalks. …
- Add site components.
Does Google Earth show topography?
Displays USGS Topo Maps on Google Earth. For USA only. In the western states, the topo map includes township and range markings, which can be helpful when trying to sort out questions in the BLM data.
How do I import Google Earth topography into Sketchup?
Once you generally know where your site location is, open sketchup, hit the file tab and scroll down to Geo-location>Add Location… from here you can search as you would in google maps for your site.
Can you get topography on Google Earth?
1) Install Google Earth if you haven’t already. 2) Download the Google Earth topo map layer from the ArcGIS Services Directory (it’s the NGS Topo US 2D (MapServer) file). … 4) Find and double-click the file. It will open automatically in Google Earth.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.
How do you set contours in Revit?
To change site settings properties, click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel . Displays contour lines. If you clear the check box, custom contour lines still display in the drawing area. Sets the interval between contour lines.
How do you use layers in Revit?
Make Global Changes to the Graphic Display of Layers
- Open the project.
- Click Manage tab Settings panel (Object Styles).
- In the Object Styles dialog, click the Imported Objects tab.
- Click to expand the DWG file name of the file. …
- For each layer, change the values for Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern, as desired.