How do you set a project base point in Revit?
Define the Project Base Point
- Open the site plan view or another view that displays it. …
- To select the project base point, move the cursor over the symbol and look at the tooltip or the status bar. …
- Drag the project base point to the desired location.
What is project Base point Revit?
The project base point can be used to establish a reference for measuring distances and positioning objects in relation to the model. … When you first create a Revit model, the project base point is located at the internal origin. When starting a project, decide where in the model the project base point will be placed.
Where is project base point Revit?
Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics). On the Model Categories tab of the Visibility/Graphics dialog, scroll down to Site, and expand it. To display the project base point, select Project Base Point. To display the survey point, select Survey Point.
How do you set a coordinate system in Revit?
Relocate the Model by Specifying Coordinates
- Optional: Display the project base point and the survey point in the current view.
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Coordinates drop-down (Specify Coordinates at Point).
- Place the cursor on a reference point of the model. …
- Click the reference.
How do I reset a project base point in Revit?
If you later want to return the project base point to its startup location, do the following:
- Select the project base point and unclip it.
- Right-click the project base point, and click Move to Startup Location.
What is a project point?
ProjectPoint is a Syneos Health web site, built on Microsoft’s SharePoint technology, used for the sharing of ideas, files, information, and knowledge between Syneos Health and external users. External users include sponsors, investigators, clients, customers and/or vendors.
What is the method to georeference a Revit file?
Revit 2018 now has the option to use the Geo-Referenced data from a CAD file that was used to Acquire Coordinate data. When you link and position a Geo-Referenced CAD file, you use the Acquire Coordinates feature in Revit to share coordinate system data between the Revit and CAD file.
How do I turn off coordinates in Revit 2020?
Use the Visibility / Graphic Overrides dialog to turn off display of the Internal Origin.
- Open the Revit model in Revit 2020.2.
- Click Dynamo Player on Manage tab. …
- Click Edit Inputs command.
- Pick True to hide points.
- Click Run script.
How do I set shared coordinates in Revit?
To establish a common coordinate position and then share that position between files, use the Acquire Coordinates tool or the Publish Coordinates tool. Tip: You should derive shared coordinates from only one file. That one file defines the coordinates for all other files that compose the project.