Can you crop a drafting view in Revit?
Note: Crop Regions should not be used with drafting views, and this option has been disabled in the View Control Bar. However, a crop can be enabled using a keyboard shortcut..
How do I edit crop view?
To edit a Crop View:
- Right-click the drawing view in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Crop View > Edit Crop.
- Edit the profile.
- Click Rebuild to update the view.
How do you cut a view in Revit?
- Open a plan, section, elevation, or detail view.
- Click View tab Create panel (Section).
- (Optional) In the Type Selector, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type.
How do you crop a 3D view in Revit?
In the drawing area, select the crop region. Click Modify
How do I resize a viewport in Revit?
Right-click the activated view, and click Pan Active View. Drag the cursor to pan the view. Change the scale of the view. On the View Control Bar, for Scale, select the desired scale.
How do I crop a view in Autocad?
How do I crop a viewport?
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Crop.
- Click OK to enter Edit Crop mode.
- Create a 2D object such as a rectangle, circle, or polyline. …
- Click Exit Viewport Crop to return to the sheet layer or design layer.
How do you crop a linked CAD file in Revit?
Once you have located the Linked CAD file and the Crop Region, drag the Crop Region over top of the Linked CAD file. Click the boundary to show the grips. Use these grips to resize the Crop Region to cover only the portion of the CAD file that you want to be visible.
What is the purpose of section view in Revit?
Sections views cut through the model. You can draw them in plan, section, elevation, and detail views. Section views display as section representations in intersecting views. Provide views of specific parts of your model.
How do you put a section view on a sheet in Revit?
To add a view to the sheet, use one of the following methods:
- In the Project Browser, expand the list of views, locate the view, and drag it onto the sheet.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Place View). In the Views dialog, select a view, and click Add View to Sheet.
How do you cut a shape in Revit?
Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.