A shop drawing is a drawing or set of drawings produced by the contractor, supplier, manufacturer, subcontractor, consultants, or fabricator. Shop drawings are typically required for prefabricated components. … The shop drawing normally shows more detail than the construction documents.
What is the difference between construction drawing and shop drawing?
Construction drawings, as they’re referred to, are produced prior to the project officially starting the construction phase. Shop drawings are produced once the project is underway.
What does the term shop drawings mean?
Shop drawings are prepared to provide information which assists in confirmation of the intent of the design and to provide suppliers, fabricators or manufacturers with information which assists them in making the required components.
Why do shop drawings?
The purpose of shop drawings is to enable the design professional to secure graphic representation from the general contractor as to how the installing contractor intends to complete a portion of the work, prior to proceeding, for which submittals are required.
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
Do shop drawings need to be stamped?
Shop drawings that are derived from seperate design drawings need not be sealed and stamped by a design professional. The design professionals retained by the Owner should not seal and sign the drawings prepared by the contractor.
What are the types of drawings in construction?
12 types of construction drawings
- Site plan. A site plan provides a map of the construction site. …
- Plot plans. Plot plans are like site plans in that they both depict the whole project site. …
- Excavation plans. …
- Floor plan. …
- Elevation drawings. …
- Section drawings. …
- Detail drawings. …
- Mechanical and electrical drawings.
What are ID drawings?
Interior Design Drawings (ID drawings)
It provides the details or the interior structure of the construction project. For the commercial building projects it adds value. Proper coordination with other trades is very vital for deliver quality interior to the project.
How do you read a shop drawing?
How to Read Shop Drawings
- Examine the plate size and fitting. Plate sizes are indicated by a specific numerical dimension and an equal sign. …
- Notice the slope. The slope is located near the middle of the drawing on the left hand side. …
- Look at the height of the object. …
- Figure out alphabetical abbreviations.
What is the difference between product data and shop drawings?
That is, shop drawings show how the architect’s design is intended to be implemented by the contractor. … Such diagrams come under the product data definition, which in turn comes under the definition of shop drawings.