NOTE: For different AutoCAD based products CUIX files are stored in various locations, for example: For AutoCAD in C:Users
How do I transfer my AutoCAD workspace to a new computer?
- Type CUI in the Command line on the old (or first) computer and press Enter.
- Select the Transfer tab in the Customize User Interface dialog box. …
- You should now see your workspace listed under Workspaces in the right pane. …
- Insert the external hard drive into the new (or second) computer.
How do I save my workspace in AutoCAD?
Click Tools menu > Workspaces > Save Current As. In the Save Workspace dialog box, in the Name box, type AutoCAD Classic. Click Save.
How do I export my workspace?
1. Click File > Manage Session > Server management and select an active workspace. 2. Click Workspace > Export Workspace in the Server Management dialog box or right-click the workspace in the folder navigator and click Export Workspace.
What is the default workspace for AutoCAD?
You work between the model space, the model tab, and the paper space, also known as your layout tabs. There are also workspaces available in AutoCAD as well. Those workspaces are generated down here from the status bar, and you’ll notice the default ones there are drafting and annotation, 3D basics, and 3D modeling.
What is AutoCAD workspace?
Workspaces are sets of menus, toolbars, palettes, and ribbon control panels that are grouped and organized so that you can work in a custom, task-oriented drawing environment. When you use a workspace, only the menus, toolbars, and palettes that are relevant to a task are displayed.
What is CUI file in AutoCAD?
The Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor allows you to modify many of the user interface elements that are used to start a command in the program. Customizing the user interface allows you to change the placement of the tools that you commonly use, and to add new tools that can improve your productivity.
How do you save a CAD profile?
Save a Profile
- Click Application button Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Profiles tab, click Add to List.
- In the Add Profiles dialog box, enter a Profile name and Description.
- Click Apply & Close to record the current option settings in the system registry and close the dialog box.
How do I change the default profile in AutoCAD?
On the Windows desktop, right-click the AutoCAD icon, and click Properties. In the Properties dialog box, click the Shortcut tab and in the Target text box, at the end, enter /p followed by the name and path of the profile (filename. arg) that you want AutoCAD to use when it starts.
How do I save my preferences in AutoCAD?
Solution: To get AutoCAD to correctly keep its settings, do one or more of the following: On the command line in AutoCAD, enter the WSSETTINGS command and select Automatically save Workspace changes.