Click the File tab Export CAD Formats STL. … In the STL Export dialog , specify your STL file options. Click Save to create the STL file or click Cancel to close STL Export dialog.
Can Revit make STL files?
Use STL Exporter 2020 to customize and export your Revit model to an STL file. Click Add-in tab STL Exporter panel (STL Exporter for Revit). On the General tab, specify your STL file options. … Click Save to create the STL file or click Cancel to close STL Exporter.
What files can Revit export?
Autodesk Revit Building allows you to export 2D and 3D views from the File menu as DWG, DXF, DGN or SAT files.
Can you 3D print from Revit?
3D Printing with Revit, yes it is possible. 3D Printing from Revit Tutorial.
How do I export a STL file?
To save a model or a model assembly in STL Format:
- File > Save As (Save As dialog box opens)
- From the Save as type drop-down menu select STL (*.stl)
- Click Options.
- The Export Options dialog box will display the file in a tessellated view.
- File Format selection is STL.
How do I export a Revit model?
To export 3D model data for use in Autodesk Revit
- Click Manage Model. …
- In the Model Explorer panel, make the desired layers visible. …
- Zoom out to see the area to export.
- Click Present/Share Present. …
- In the Export to 3D Model File dialog box, specify the area to export:
Can import SketchUp to Revit?
To use a SketchUp design in Revit Architecture, import a SKP file from SketchUp directly into Revit Architecture. As an alternative, you can use SketchUp to export a DWG file, and then import that DWG file into Revit Architecture.
What 3D files can Revit import?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
How do I export to STL in AutoCAD?
To Export 3D Solids to an STL File
- Click Application menu Export Other Formats. Find.
- In the Export Data dialog box, enter a file name.
- Under Files of type, select Lithography (*. stl). …
- Select one or more solid objects. All objects must be entirely within the positive XYZ octant of the world coordinate system (WCS).
How do I import a STL file into Revit?
To Import DXF, OBJ, STL, Revit, DWF, and IDF Files
- To import into file, do one of the following: To import to a new file select: …
- In the applicable dialog box, set the Files of type to view the available files.
- Select the file to import and click Options to specify import settings and then open the file.
Can SketchUp export STL files?
In SketchUp, you can import and export STL files, which are used in 3D printing. As explained in 3D Printing a Model, for a SketchUp model to become a successful 3D printout, the model needs to meet certain criteria, such as having a base and a volume and being a solid.
Can AutoCAD read STL file?
While some CAD programs are able to import STL files, AutoCAD users will know that it isn’t possible with this software. DWG is the native file format of AutoCAD that can store both 2D and 3D data. It’s highly compatible with other CAD software, making it one of the most commonly used formats around.
Can Maya export STL files?
Maya does not export . stl files so we will use either Rhino or 3DS Max.