Solution: While Revit allows inserting Drafting views and schedules from an existing project, it does not have built in options to allow copying/inserting 3D / Plan views between different Revit projects.
How do I copy a 3D view from one Revit file to another?
Open the same plan view in both projects. Right click on the 1st project’s project browser the 3D view you want to copy –> Select Show camera -> Press Ctrl + C (Copy) being on the 1st project plan view .> Go to the 2nd Project same plan view -> Go to Paste Alligned to view.
How do I copy a view from one project to another?
About getting view settings from one project to another, you can create View templates in one project, copy them over to your other project using the Transfer Project Standards, create new Views and apply the View template to it. you can assign them to the Assembly Views.
How do I copy a group from one Revit file to another?
There are several methods for copying from one project to another:
- Open both files in the same session of revit. Then simply copy/paste from one to the other.
- Create a group of the objects to be copied. Save the group to a file. …
- Link the model with objects to be copied into the main model. Then simply bind the link.
How do I duplicate a Revit file?
In the Design Options dialog, select the design option from the list. Under Option, click Duplicate. Revit creates a copy of the selected design option named Copy of <design option>.
Can you have two Revit files open at once?
Try to open the different revit project files inside the same revit session (CTR + O). You should be able to get all in the same revit session.
How do I save a local copy of Revit?
Use this procedure if you have already opened the central model, and you want to create a local copy of it.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, navigate to the desired location on the Revit Server network or on your hard drive.
- Enter a name for the file, and click Save.
How do I open a local file in Revit?
Create a Local Copy of a Central Model
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.