It is available on the Sketchucation site. In SketchUp, layers do not provide separation between edges and faces. You can only provide separation by using components or groups. Moving your geometry to other layers will just create problems.
What is the rule for layers in SketchUp?
Here are the best practice rules for layers: Create all loose geometry (faces and edges) on Layer0, never anywhere else. Only move groups and components to different layers.
How do you merge layers in SketchUp?
Follow these steps to add a layer to your SketchUp file:
- Choose Window→Layers. The Layers dialog box opens.
- Click the Add Layer button to add a new layer to the Layers list. If you want, you can double-click your new layer to rename it.
How do you group a number of different layers?
Group and ungroup layers
- Select multiple layers in the Layers panel.
- Do one of the following: Choose Layer > Group Layers. Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) layers to the folder icon at the bottom of the Layers panel to group the layers.
- To Ungroup the layers, select the group and choose Layer > Ungroup Layers.
Where did layers go in SketchUp?
In SketchUp Viewer, you access a model’s layers as follows: Click the Main Menu icon ( ). Click the Layers icon ( ), and the Layers tab appears, as shown in the following figure.
Can I group layers in ArcGIS online?
With the new ArcGIS Online release (9.1), grouping layers in ArcGIS Online is available and supported. The new Map Viewer (previously Map Viewer beta) allows you to do so. This is a useful functionality that ArcGIS users had asked for a while. … Group layers help organize related kinds of layers in a map [source].
What are layers?
1 : one thickness, course, or fold laid or lying over or under another. 2 : stratum sense 1 the outer layers of the skin. Other Words from layer. layer verb.
How do I merge layers?
You can merge linked layers by choosing Layer > Select Linked Layers, and then merging the selected layers.
Merge two layers or groups
- Make sure that the layers and groups you want to merge are visible.
- Select the layers and groups you want to merge.
- Choose Layer > Merge Layers.
What is the benefit of grouping layers?
Layer groups can help you organize a document in Adobe Photoshop so it’s easier to find text and other design elements as you create. Layer groups also make it easier to work with several layers at once. For this example, we’ll use different techniques to group layers that make up different parts of a poster.